osu!Craft III ~*1.7.9*~ [OUTDATED! READ FINAL POST!]

posted
Total Posts
show more
T-Lost
bruh
Topic Starter
whymeman
Sorry for the long absence. I'd like to bring this up before taking action since its fair but i've been considering getting the world map(s) replaced for a fresh start. 1.8 isn't going to happen any time soon since bukkit/spigot needs a lot of time to have a stable build. The new world map will have a much more simple, not laggy and clean spawn. Also, i'll add in some dungeons to explore with some nice loot in each level. I won't reset the map unless the majority if you don't mind it. Also, i'll work to sort out the plugins and a bit of config cleanup.
Granger
I dont mind, i just hope i can find another flying island again.
query3
whee! new map.

factions and multiverse?
please? ;-;
Topic Starter
whymeman

query3 wrote:

whee! new map.

factions and multiverse?
please? ;-;
I do plan to convert over to factions as well. Though.... why multiverse?
Sausage
Would love to join!

IGN: onlyusmesausage
EXP: Been playing minecraft on and off since early Alpha. Experienced with many mods server/client side (eg: FTB, Tekkit, ect) :)
query3

whymeman wrote:

query3 wrote:

whee! new map.

factions and multiverse?
please? ;-;
I do plan to convert over to factions as well. Though.... why multiverse?
different worlds, etc... you've seen how powerful it can be. and fun xD
Topic Starter
whymeman
I don't think the server would be happy if I did that. But, we'll see...

For the time being, i'm working to prep a few extra things here and there for this week.
Granger
Im kinda iffy about factions, never liked it because you cant prosper alone (Towny also limints that but less harshly) and it promotes killing/raiding so much.

Really, factions is no fun alone, you get a measly chunk to build on and everything is lost when you die even once.
RedRain
Joeyboii
Would love to play! :D

IGN: josephineknight
exp: I have been playing for about 6 since 1.7.3 many years ago, have played on many different servers with different rules and different types of servers, would love to see what peppy as in store for minecraft/osu players. :)
Topic Starter
whymeman

Granger wrote:

Im kinda iffy about factions, never liked it because you cant prosper alone (Towny also limints that but less harshly) and it promotes killing/raiding so much.

Really, factions is no fun alone, you get a measly chunk to build on and everything is lost when you die even once.
Factions or Towny, there's always a chance to be raided. As far as i've studied, "real" faction servers usually let you buy insanely stupid things like creeper eggs ans spawners to grief and kill hard. I don't plan to make the server that extreme and also with Factions, you can always request for your Faction to be "peaceful" so you don't get attacked but you can't attack back of course. Also, we'll see how we can make it work out so its not as bad in terms of how it is setup.

Another thing to note is that i'll be having the server offline in a bit this weekend in 3 hours and will be off for roughly around 1 ~ 2 weeks for a makeover. It will still be 1.7.9 and also, i'll see that you get to keep enderchest items.
Granger

whymeman wrote:

Granger wrote:

Factions or Towny, there's always a chance to be raided. As far as i've studied, "real" faction servers usually let you buy insanely stupid things like creeper eggs ans spawners to grief and kill hard. I don't plan to make the server that extreme and also with Factions, you can always request for your Faction to be "peaceful" so you don't get attacked but you can't attack back of course. Also, we'll see how we can make it work out so its not as bad in terms of how it is setup.

Another thing to note is that i'll be having the server offline in a bit this weekend in 3 hours and will be off for roughly around 1 ~ 2 weeks for a makeover. It will still be 1.7.9 and also, i'll see that you get to keep enderchest items.
What i mean, the only way to raid in towny is either attacking from intern or hoping said town runs out of money. This is much safer for solo players like me because in factions the DTR for 1 person classes is... 1. 1 death and anyone can raid. Ontop of that the power system allows overclaiming, only one chunk can be truly safe from overclaiming for 1 person factions.
This is regardless of creeper eggs or any other stuff you can give players.
Omio9999
Re-applying to whitelist.
xRayne

whymeman wrote:

The previous whitelist will be added again soon.
Omio9999
Glad to hear. :3
Topic Starter
whymeman
Just a reminder that the server is still under some maintenance. It should be done soon though as we're working on some plugin setups and adding fancy features to keep you busy.

I'll post a screenshot of what's to come soon.
Topic Starter
whymeman
Sorry to keep you all waiting, but there's some good news. The server should be ready soon with the current rate of progress. A lot of work is being done to make sure things run smoothly. Custom shops will be added like before, but with a better interface and a much larger choice in unique items you can buy. Jobs plugin is also getting a redo with stricter gains to avoid making things too easy and boring. More things to come so please give us a bit more time.

Omio9999
I totally can't wait to get back into the insane amounts of mining. If you still have the old map, check out the beaujolais mines. =P
Granger
This price... @_@
query3
well, it's really overpowered armor :)
Topic Starter
whymeman
The prices will be adjusted eventually, but don't hope on that stuff becoming less expensive :V

Also, the server is now open in [Beta Phase] so you can play in it as usual, just some features to work out. The gates that lead outside of Spawn are unblocked so you go explore as soon as you login. For the Jobs Plugin there has been a slight modification to it and the "Digger" Job is fused with "Miner" so the Digger job is obsolete now. I still plan for to add in a few goodies shortly after so we'll see how it goes. If there's any trouble with commands ,functions, or you start to see flying cows for some abnormal reason, let us know and we'll look into it.
Stefan
Sounds sweet, gonna tell my friends about the good news. :D
Granger

whymeman wrote:

the "Digger" Job is fused with "Miner" so the Digger job is obsolete now.
Doesnt the jobs plugin have a "Bulldozer" job which gains money by breaking almost any block (and looses money for placing almost any block so its actually a shit job)?

I think this comes dangerously close, i wouldnt want to loose a load of money whenever i decide to terraform something...

Edit; Theres no permissions whatsoever for the default rank, i wanted to explore the spawn but i cant leave the spawn building.
Blue Stig
It begins.

Username:
TheKiltedMoskito

Experience:
Omio9999
xRayne
The Inn doors in spawn have been opened for you until we can get the door perms fixed.

Omio9999 wrote:

I totally can't wait to get back into the insane amounts of mining. If you still have the old map, check out the beaujolais mines. =P
What in the world were we even doing with those rails pffff.
Omio9999

xRayne wrote:

The Inn doors in spawn have been opened for you until we can get the door perms fixed.
[Insert angelic chorus here.]
Omio9999

xRayne wrote:

Omio9999 wrote:

Being lazy, making out mines thousands of blocks long. =P
Granger

xRayne wrote:

Omio9999 wrote:

My nether portal ended in someone elses base (which was unprotected) and there was a entire warehouse of Powered rails. Like 10 or so doublechests of rails. I was like, wtf...

It appears that you can starve while exploring spawn... im almost dead, lol. That wouldnt be as much of a problem if i could just pick up my starter stuff again but something like last map where the spawn completly pervents hunger/health from depleting would be neat.
xRayne

Granger wrote:

My nether portal ended in someone elses base (which was unprotected) and there was a entire warehouse of Powered rails. Like 10 or so doublechests of rails. I was like, wtf...

It appears that you can starve while exploring spawn... im almost dead, lol. That wouldnt be as much of a problem if i could just pick up my starter stuff again but something like last map where the spawn completly pervents hunger/health from depleting would be neat.
Couldnt have been my base, you couldnt even get past the gates :D Must have been omios old base before he moved to mine lol.
Topic Starter
whymeman
I got the "permission issues" fixed in spawn and the world with an adjustment to spawn protection to be 100% monster free. I'll also make sure to address the hunger issue asap too Should be fine now.
malty96
Hi, I have some friends who have been accepted for this server who play OSU but I am not big OSU fan just wondering if I could come and join.

IGN: Malty96
Friend's: Onlyusmesausage, josephineknight
Exp: I have played on many server vanilla and modded.
6ixr
Will the server update to 1.8?
6ixr
IGN: theawsomator
EXP: I've played mine craft for a few years and i play avidly on vanilla and faction servers.
Topic Starter
whymeman
I don't think there will be an update to 1.8 anytime soon as a lot of things happened at the Bukkit Forums. Also, try to avoid double posting please...

Update

PreciousStones was removed to fix the NPC shops. Normal players can now shop in them for unique items.
Granger
Not to mention that 1.8 is absolutely horrid performance wise and prone to glitches... maybe some 1.8.2 would actually be playable...

Ah, so precious stones was conflicting, not boss shop?

whymeman, is it possible that you or your mods could use WE to replace the bedrock in my dungeon with stone? I taked with Rayne about this and he said he wont WE because hes not allowed to, i should ask you instead.
I want the bedrock gone because i plan to make the dungeon my home, the bedrock would get in the way of building.
xRayne

Granger wrote:

Not to mention that 1.8 is absolutely horrid performance wise and prone to glitches... maybe some 1.8.2 would actually be playable...

Ah, so precious stones was conflicting, not boss shop?

whymeman, is it possible that you or your mods could use WE to replace the bedrock in my dungeon with stone? I taked with Rayne about this and he said he wont WE because hes not allowed to, i should ask you instead.
I want the bedrock gone because i plan to make the dungeon my home, the bedrock would get in the way of building.
2.) Don't ask mods for stuff. Especially if you get raided not protecting your items or get killed. If you actually lose an item from a bug [NOT lag], then compensation can be worked out only if I say its okay.
Granger
Im not asking to gain items, quite the contary, i want to have indestructable blocks in the way to be removed.
Not sure from where this misunderstanding comes from, i thought it was clear yesterday already?
Topic Starter
whymeman
Sorry but i'm not going to modify chunks, blocks, buildings, and other structures for anyone to build on. If I had to do it for one person, then i'd be forced to do it for everyone which would be unfair doing it only because someone asked. Honestly speaking, if it was me, i'd use the bedrock instead for a stronger base since its not an item you can get or place normally by default.
show more