forum

Cant upload diff (beatmapID & beatmapsetID not working)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
bbbprooooo
INTRO/PROBLEM

This started when i was trying to post a map (9-10 stars) and it didn't let me upload the beatmap. I asked my mapping group and they said that the beatmapid and the beatmapset id were not the numbers they were supposed to be (beatmapid = 0 beatmapsetid = -1) I tried to copy the beatmap, didn't work. only copied the notes, STILL didn't work. changed audio, SILL DID NOT WORK. At this point i was pissed of because i hate to make a new beatmap. Guess what, IT DIDN'T FUCKING WORK!!! This was only the first time it happened, I remember posting about 3-5 beatmaps with this same exact problem.

WAYS I ALREADY TRIED FIXING

Changing it in notepad (it just went right back to the corrupted ID)
remaking the map (still didn't work)
only adding a note then uploading the map as fast as possible (I'm assuming the cursed ID automatically generates when i put in the audio)
Using different audio (still doesn't work for some reason)

WHAT I THINK IS THE PROBLEM

THEROY #1: It may be the sources im getting the audio from (which is from already uploaded beatmaps) but this wasn't a problem before.

THEROY #2: It may just be a bug in the editor i cant controll, but i wouldve seen way more people talk about it than just me

My very last resort is redownloading the game.
Peni
what's the error message u get?

also try this if u haven't wiki/en/Guides/BSS_issues
Topic Starter
bbbprooooo

Peni wrote:

what's the error message u get?

also try this if u haven't wiki/en/Guides/BSS_issues
the website you sent me dosent really have anything to do with my problem, i get this error message:
Peni
so i found this forum post with the same issue. seems to be possibly related to your isp. you could try this workaround (connect to a network with a different isp, like your mobile hotspot, and then try to submit again)
Topic Starter
bbbprooooo

Peni wrote:

so i found this forum post with the same issue. seems to be possibly related to your isp. you could try this workaround (connect to a network with a different isp, like your mobile hotspot, and then try to submit again)
does this work for different networks in the same house?
Peni
idk, i can't really test it myself cause i don't have this problem, but i would guess if they all have the same isp it might not work for any of them. mobile hotspot is probably the safe bet though, so definitely try that if you can.
Topic Starter
bbbprooooo

Peni wrote:

idk, i can't really test it myself cause i don't have this problem, but i would guess if they all have the same isp it might not work for any of them. mobile hotspot is probably the safe bet though, so definitely try that if you can.
it should work. i was able to upload one map so thats good. but i dont need to upload anymore so ill just leave it at this, thx for your help!!! :)