forum

[Archived] 3 Buttons?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
guzskz
I've heared, that it is bannable to play with 3 buttons, but is it bannable to use 3 diffrent buttons, or just when i push all 3 at the same time for higher bpm? Can i play with my mouse button and 2 keyboard binds in the same map?

osu! version: Stable 20240123 (latest)
BlueChinchompa
If I remember right as long as you don't use any program to remap the buttons it should be fine.
chromb
as long as pressing one button doesn't unpress another you should be fine.
I AM VERY SMART
if it only means using your mouse and your keybinds from your keyboard to click, then you don't need to worry about it. it's a playstyle like many others, but don't think that it's the solution for you to be more comfortable at higher bpm since it has its drawbacks. like everything else, it takes a long time to get used to it.
Bo_Bandy
If you do feel like trying it out, keep in mind it'll be hard with 3 keys because you can't press K1 & M1 at the same time, same for K2 & M2. The game just won't let you. This is why there's a lot more 4 key players than 3 key, because they can map their keybinds to K1 K2 M1 M2 in that order.

I can't recommend switching off of 2 keys, but keep practicing your stamina and speed and you'll eventually get faster, it takes time! :D
Topic Starter
guzskz

Bo_Bandy wrote:

If you do feel like trying it out, keep in mind it'll be hard with 3 keys because you can't press K1 & M1 at the same time, same for K2 & M2. The game just won't let you. This is why there's a lot more 4 key players than 3 key, because they can map their keybinds to K1 K2 M1 M2 in that order.

I can't recommend switching off of 2 keys, but keep practicing your stamina and speed and you'll eventually get faster, it takes time! :D
its more like i use for sliders and single circles my normal mousbutton, but for more like tripples or like manymany (if you know what i mean) i use only keybinds
I AM VERY SMART

guzskz wrote:

Bo_Bandy wrote:

its more like i use for sliders and single circles my normal mousbutton, but for more like tripples or like manymany (if you know what i mean) i use only keybinds
so basically something like this:

Blushing

guzskz wrote:

Bo_Bandy wrote:

As chromb said: as long as nothing is giving you an unfair advantage (meaning that this is a skill subset (much like single tapping or double tapping, and even raketapping) then it should be fine.

No macros or allowing for the third press to unpress something