forum

Are all hana songs restricted to map? (if not can i see what songs i can and cannot map)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[Kagamine Rin]
i wasnt sure if people can still map songs by the artist hana cause greater portion of her songs got removed but some arent like

this map u can still download
beatmapsets/1011739#osu/2117567

But this one u cant without the mp3 being removed
beatmapsets/885621#osu/1850982

theyre from the same visual novel thats why i have this question, anyways thanks for answering
qwt
yes, you can map them, although by the 0.0001% chance any mapper who has not ranked a map before can rank a map ... they can be subject to be removed
Leviathan
you should be fine in ranking them actually, you just run the risk of having it removed if they check and send a new one in the future. generally that never really happens though
as long as your map doesnt break the ranking criteria (dmca isn't really part of it) and you just wait a few months after the takedown to be safe then its fine
Blushing
If they were previously removed for DMCA, then you either don’t submit it to the website and don’t risk dmca action or you submit it and face that action.

The other option is to actively ask the artist if it’s okay, this is the route that should 100% always be taken anyways.
Topic Starter
[Kagamine Rin]

Blushing wrote:

If they were previously removed for DMCA, then you either don’t submit it to the website and don’t risk dmca action or you submit it and face that action.

The other option is to actively ask the artist if it’s okay, this is the route that should 100% always be taken anyways.
i respect the artist, i wont submit the song if theyre removed for a reason thanks for answering though