forum

[Archived] Deadname removal

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
yeahitsaubrey
Hello,

I am.. not sure where to post this. But it feels logical to post this here in Help since that is what I am seeking. (I am not a very frequent forum user.) I'm not sure if this counts as an account-related issue or not, but I'm desperate for help. If this belongs elsewhere I would love to know.

I have multiple maps uploaded under my deadname, and I have became very, VERY insecure about my deadname being in view. I would update these maps to my new name myself, but doing so would take months of reuploading because of how pending slots are. I was seeking help on this issue a while ago, asking in chat if anyone knew if this could be resolved and didn't get much help there. I asked support (on both support and account emails, just to make sure) and I got no response.

I don't want my deadname / birthname in sight for anyone to see. It is better for my mental health if all the maps could be edited in some way to update to my new name. If anything can be done about this, much would be appreciated.

- Aubrey
Blushing
When you emailed support, did you receive a confirmation email that the email was received? If so, it might've gotten lost in the void. If not, then support did not exactly get your email.

Unfortunately the help forum cannot do much in regard to this. As most of us are just regular players and this type of change is a database adjust.

I'd say you could try emailing accounts@ppy.sh and see if they get back to you, or emailing support once more.

If all those fail to get a result/response then you can always email peppy at pe@ppy.sh and see if it can changed or something on his end.

Make sure you are emailing from the email that is associated with your osu! account and it also might be beneficial to link the beatmaps which you want changed, this way they dont have to sift through your account to do so and can be easier for them.
Topic Starter
yeahitsaubrey
Ok, thanks for the information. I'll try emailing them again, thanks again. I just didn't wanna bother them too much ..
Blushing

yeahitsaubrey wrote:

Ok, thanks for the information. I'll try emailing them again, thanks again. I just didn't wanna bother them too much ..
Its no problem, stuff like this might be put in a queue since database changes are done by usually just peppy (to my knowledge) so it might be on his radar but since lazer development is his priority it might just be in the queue until things like PP on lazer and other fixes are done. Have patience and it might be beneficial to start reuploading as many as you can so it can be easier for them by that time!