forum

Is learning to map Taiko in lazer a good idea?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
CyborKk
About 3 months ago I started playing Taiko again and after a bit of grinding, im slowly losing motivation to keep playing. Usually I would just quit until I feel like playing again, but I have been interested in mapping basically since I started playing again, so I thought I'd try that instead of quitting.

Thing is, I have pretty much been exclusively playing Lazer up until now and I was wondering if I could learn mapping in Lazer? Read a couple threads from a few months/years ago, that said that the Lazer map editor is not quite finished yet, is that still the case?

Could obviously just map in Stable and then play in Lazer, but I'd rather do everything in 1 client. (I also just really like Lazer lol)
BlueChinchompa
It should be possible to make a good map in lazer imo. Worst case scenario sometimes you will have to edit in other client in case theres a missing feature in lazer.
Peni
i'm not a taiko mapper at all, i've only tried the lazer taiko editor once or twice, but especially from a beginner's perspective i would say the lazer editor is way better. i've always found it weird that the taiko editor is just a scuffed, recycled version of the std editor. mapping with circles and hitsounds instead of the actual objects is just way too counterintuitive and complicated to me. you can't even see how the map looks without testplaying it.
it's not like you have to commit to one editor anyway, you can always export the map and go back to the stable editor, so personally i think it's definitely worth giving the lazer editor a shot.
Topic Starter
CyborKk

Peni wrote:

i'm not a taiko mapper at all, i've only tried the lazer taiko editor once or twice, but especially from a beginner's perspective i would say the lazer editor is way better. i've always found it weird that the taiko editor is just a scuffed, recycled version of the std editor. mapping with circles and hitsounds instead of the actual objects is just way too counterintuitive and complicated to me. you can't even see how the map looks without testplaying it.
it's not like you have to commit to one editor anyway, you can always export the map and go back to the stable editor, so personally i think it's definitely worth giving the lazer editor a shot.
Yeah, stuff like not being able to see what the map looks like without test playing it is why I want to map in Lazer, although I know what the patterns should look like in the map, Its still nice to straight up see it. Guess my only concern with having to switch between Stable and Lazer, in case some feature is missing, would be that the map could get somehow corrupted from switching around, shouldn't be an issue if I create Backups tho