forum

ranked in mapping getting too hard

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
why is it so hard getting a map ranked? why cant there be a more efficient way to get a map ranked rather than me having to wait months to get a map ranked, with all the bn messaging, mod requesting and not to mention other people's view on my map on what it's concept is supposed to be like meanwhile ppl be like BRO MAKE IT EASIER like dude it's supposed to be how it's supposed to be mapped why do i even need mods anyway my map is perfectly fine to be very hard and yet mods want it to be easier??
Gsun
community/forums/topics/1731938?n=9 Refer to this post for more information.
Topic Starter

Gsun wrote:

ive been literally mapping for two years and already have talked to multiple people and they dont even wanna talk to me bro is it that hard to get a mod or a bn or whatever??
Peni
honestly i'm not sure whether you're asking why the process is tedious or why it's hard to make a rankable map in the first place or both.

256 wrote:

meanwhile ppl be like BRO MAKE IT EASIER like dude it's supposed to be how it's supposed to be mapped why do i even need mods anyway my map is perfectly fine to be very hard and yet mods want it to be easier??
you need mods because a) your map is most likely not perfectly fine and b) even if it is "fine", why would you not try to improve the quality of the map before actually ranking it?

and if your modders just tell you "make it easier" (without proper justification) then your modders just suck tbh.

256 wrote:

ive been literally mapping for two years and already have talked to multiple people and they dont even wanna talk to me bro is it that hard to get a mod or a bn or whatever??
this is from a std mapper's perspective, but i've never found it to be particularly difficult to get mods if i'm being honest. of course, not every modder is gonna accept your request, modding is very time-consuming and a lot of modders get multiple requests per day, but if you submit your map to enough modding queues (while also respecting the modder's rules and preferences) and ask for mods and feedback on discord servers or in dms and stuff like that, i'm quite confident when i say i don't think you're gonna have much trouble getting some.

getting bns is obviously much more difficult than just getting mods. most bns only mod maps they want to nominate, so if your map isn't rankable (as an in technically rankable and of reasonable quality) already, then that's not gonna work out.
I AM VERY SMART

256 wrote:

Gsun wrote:

actually i think that finding mods and bns is quite easy since there are threads for that, or you can talk to them on Twitch since some of them stream there