forum

[Archived] Online Beatmap Filter

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Flakon_old
Problem details:

I am currently playing osu!mania 7key at a beginner level. So when searching for beatmaps (on osu's own site) I will use the filter "key=7 star<=2 source!=anime", as I am frankly fed up with 90% of songs shown being anime related. This scheme is according to the osu! wiki, as the search site itself has only very limited features without the use of Filters, while having no help page to guide you:
wiki/en/Beatmap_search

The problem I am facing, is, that although a lot less beatmaps being shown are of the genre anime, most of them still are (I checked the page of the relevant songs to make sure that genre really is "Anime"). Just to make sure, I also tried "key=7 star<=2 genre!=anime", "key=7, star<=2, source!=anime" and "key=7, star<=2, genre!=anime" with the same results. The key=7 and star<=2 Filters work as intended in all iterations.

I see two possibilities: Either I am understanding the filter tool wrong, or there is a bug when filtering for genre (maybe source!=anime applies, but then since one has to choose "Genre: all" to show all non-anime beatmaps it gets overwritten). I don't know if this is the place for this, but I would also appreciate some kind of help page (maybe a ? button on the search page) explaining how to actually use filters, seeing as it is a feature used on the page.

update: Changing "mode" to "osu!mania" reduces the amount of anime beatmaps further (but they still show up).

osu! version: Stable 20240123 (latest)
Blushing
huh, I do believe the songs that come up when using source!=anime and genre!=anime are because anime is within the title... which should not also use regular searching methods since it will yield false results.

Seems that there is no exclusionary state when searching this way...

Ive gone ahead and commented on a relevant discussion, hoping it gets fixed soon or whatnot: https://github.com/ppy/osu-web/issues/10550