forum

Add option to remove ""title=..."" when clicking song titles

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
seedcrack
sry if duplicated
Currently when you click the song title it searches that title without the ""title=...""
same thing goes for artist,source

This feature is very good at hiding maps that's not related to titles but the thing is I don't want those maps to be hidden, I want those unrelated maps
see these for example
beatmapsets?q=title%3D%22%22Harumachi%20Clover%22%22
You can find every single harumachi clover map sets with this search

beatmapsets?q=title%3D%22%22Harumachi%20Clover%20%28Swing%20Arrangement%29%22%22
You can only find 3 Harumachi clover map sets now with "Swing Arrangement"

beatmapsets?q=Harumachi%20Clover%20%28Swing%20Arrangement%29
In order make other sets visible is by deleting "Swing Arrangement" or ""tittle=""

these example may be unclear but my point is that if you came from a "Remixed" sets it lessen the potential for people to find the other sets of the same song, including Songs compilation with that song and some old maps that aren't tagged correctly. I understand that this feature exist for people to filter specific artist whose name can be confused with common words but other than that I feel like the search algorithm did its job well enough

This really frustrates me since back in the day the ""title="" doesn't exist and it will just search the title for you. I actually found good maps by just scrolling through search results eventhough it's unrelated to the prompt I searched for. I also hate it when I want to move from "remixed song" beatmap page to "non-remixed song" beatmap page

You can tell me though if there're better way to search for beatmaps, I would love to hear it

Edit : I want to mention that ""title=..."" feature should still exist but the way it works doeasn't make sense to me.
The website should've given you the "big image" before ask you to "narrow it down" not the other way around
chromb

seedcrack wrote:

You can tell me though if there're better way to search for beatmaps, I would love to hear it
backspace button?
Topic Starter
seedcrack

chromb wrote:

seedcrack wrote:

backspace button?
yes ofc I did mention that You can delete the ""title=""