forum

Do you have any tips to deal with long skill rusty

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[TCD] Dzar03
My skill has been rusted for over 4 months, sometimes I cant even beat my 6 months age score. I cant read and use my stamina in maps I used to play well. I tried to play less (touch grass), enjoy the game, try some other skin, play another game in and out of Osu, mapping and modding but it seems like it's going to nowhere. What would you do if you were me
Tcaph02
If it were me I would probably play occasionally to slowly build up muscle memory and the stamina I have lost by playing low star maps and trying to SS them as it can regain your accuracy and sense of rhythm. I also stopped playing for like 3 weeks because my pc broke but then again I enjoyed trying to relearn everything so yeah that's it from me.
Topic Starter
[TCD] Dzar03

Tcaph02 wrote:

If it were me I would probably play occasionally to slowly build up muscle memory and the stamina I have lost by playing low star maps and trying to SS them as it can regain your accuracy and sense of rhythm. I also stopped playing for like 3 weeks because my pc broke but then again I enjoyed trying to relearn everything so yeah that's it from me.
yeh I tried it sometimes too, tks for sharing anyway
Stickman92
I had fun with 7k BMS at some point in the past so I did that for a month straight and then I saw improvements in my accuracy and consistency for 7k rice patterns.

Roughly speaking, I chose songs that were fairly challenging, while avoiding excessively difficult song. Didn't repeat the same map 100 times trying to get a better score, its better to come back when I've improved. Also, ended my practice sessions when I'm physically and/or mentally fatigue. Pushing past doesn't help improvement. Most importantly get good sleep, given a good practice sessions, thats when you improve the most.

Basically, focused practice is good, although i rarely ever did that apart from a few times like the above example