forum

[Archived] cursor mirroring and high latency

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
gummybear449
problem details:
After a recent clean install of Windows on my PC I decided to download Osu Lazer. Before this install, I'd never had issues with Osu besides it occasionally opening on the wrong monitor, which would take a couple of restarts of the program to correct.

For reference, I run Windows 10 with one primary monitor and have an XP-Pen Artist 12 which I use as a second monitor only when drawing and playing Osu.

Regarding the issues I would face, whenever I would open Lazer this issue would arise where it would duplicate my cursor as I tried to interact with my tablet. Every move made on my pen tablet would be replicated on my primary monitor. additionally, with this cursor mirroring, any interaction I tried to make on my pen tablet would only register on my primary monitor, completely ignoring whatever was on my pen tablet.
Finally, the latency in Lazer is so huge that when I eventually gave up and tried to run it from my primary monitor, in combination with my insane tablet conditions, it was still literally unplayable.

I've searched the forums trying to find a solution, but it seems like no one is experiencing a problem exact to mine, and those who close weren't a compatible fix for my issues.
My PC isn't in mirror mode, it's always in extend mode.
I've tried turning off Windows Ink, but it just makes my cursor jumpy and unusable. It's not my tablet or tablet settings either, as my tablet display settings are always set to only include the area of the tablet screen, not my primary monitor.

Finally, these malfunctions only ever happen when running Lazer, and I have to restart my PC in order to get my tablet back to proper function.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Video showing the problem:
https://youtu.be/rUiTrCfrvJ4
when interacting with the xp=pen driver menu and OBS i switched to using my mouse instead of my pen.

osu! version: Stable 20240123 (latest)