forum

im lowkey scared of mods

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Zalur
I recently started mapping again and want to improve but I had a bad experience when I tried entering a modding queue (hate/trash talk or whatever) and since then I'm just scared of entering into a modding queue again, that bad experience pretty much made me lose all my motivation so I stopped mapping until a couple of weeks ago
Peni
sorry to hear you had that experience. i do want to say that, at least from my experience, modders trash talking maps is the exception and definitely not the norm, but i guess knowing that doesn't really help you that much. the way i see it, there's 2 things you can do.

1. (the short, rational route) - try to acknowledge that, if people do trash talk you/your maps (which imo is not that likely to happen), you did absolutely nothing wrong. they were the ones offering mappers a mod and they are the ones abusing the modding system - which is supposed to help mappers improve - for trash talking your maps. probably don't even talk to them. them being toxic is not your problem, they're just embarrassing themselves and you're not obligated to fix their poor behaviour in any way, so just don't bother with them.
  2. (the slow, comfortable route) - if you have any "mapping/modding friends", ask them to mod your map. and if you don't, try to make some (on discord servers or whatever) and ask them for mods as soon as you're comfortable with them. after you did that, i'm sure it will also be easier to post mod requests on public modding queues because it's not that big of a leap anymore.
edit: unrelated but you have the most unhinged profile collab i've ever seen LOL
Topic Starter
Zalur

Peni wrote:

sorry to hear you had that experience. i do want to say that, at least from my experience, modders trash talking maps is the exception and definitely not the norm, but i guess knowing that doesn't really help you that much. the way i see it, there's 2 things you can do.

1. (the short, rational route) - try to acknowledge that, if people do trash talk you/your maps (which imo is not that likely to happen), you did absolutely nothing wrong. they were the ones offering mappers a mod and they are the ones abusing the modding system - which is supposed to help mappers improve - for trash talking your maps. probably don't even talk to them. them being toxic is not your problem, they're just embarrassing themselves and you're not obligated to fix their poor behaviour in any way, so just don't bother with them.
  2. (the slow, comfortable route) - if you have any "mapping/modding friends", ask them to mod your map. and if you don't, try to make some (on discord servers or whatever) and ask them for mods as soon as you're comfortable with them. after you did that, i'm sure it will also be easier to post mod requests on public modding queues because it's not that big of a leap anymore.
edit: unrelated but you have the most unhinged profile collab i've ever seen LOL
i'll try getting into modding queues again, it just made me feel really bad when i started mapping, now i think i've improved a little on my own but i know that modding queues are a great source of improvement

(W collab)
Gsun

Zalur wrote:

Peni wrote:

i'll try getting into modding queues again, it just made me feel really bad when i started mapping, now i think i've improved a little on my own but i know that modding queues are a great source of improvement

(W collab)
Great to hear you're getting more comfortable with modding queues anyways.

And also, thanks for the detailed, on-point response post, Pasi, cause this makes too much sense what you're saying anyways.🙂😀