forum

Lazer - Submit beatmaps

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +9
Topic Starter
Emicraft noob
This is a (probably) vital function for the editor in lazer and is not available

Being that Lazer is available in macOS, Linux, and even mobile, the absence of this function makes the next problems:

macOS: Theres a Wineskin, but it is no longer being maintained, but the Wineskin could not work for some people (for example me 😢)

Linux: Theres not a Linux version, and for installing it from other methods is kinda hard

Mobile: No osu!stable for ya' (well, osu!droid but is not official)
Blushing
Submitting through lazer requires an update to BSS (beatmap submission system), so it is definitely in the works but it is low on priority because they can still be exported and submitted through stable. It just requires patience, unfortunately.
Octostomp

Blushing wrote:

Submitting through lazer requires an update to BSS (beatmap submission system), so it is definitely in the works but it is low on priority because they can still be exported and submitted through stable. It just requires patience, unfortunately.
That sounds good. I do think you should be able to just drag and drop the OSZ onto the web and upload it, but that could open up plagiarism. Lazer having this is important for Taiko maps. I like Lazer a lot, but I'll use stable for editor and such.
Topic Starter
Emicraft noob

Octostomp wrote:

Blushing wrote:

That sounds good. I do think you should be able to just drag and drop the OSZ onto the web and upload it, but that could open up plagiarism. Lazer having this is important for Taiko maps. I like Lazer a lot, but I'll use stable for editor and such.
Stable editor, in specific on only-catch maps sucks, the lazer one is better and more visual, now that I have also a Windows computer, please ppy add the lazer catch editor to stable
McEndu

Blushing wrote:

Now that the playing side is mostly fleshed out though, I think the priority for this is likely higher than what you think.

There are still work needed for the editor itself, though, that should probably come before getting the submission up. the mode choice at the creation of a new beatmap is extremely obscure, and the osu!mania editor's workflow is notably short from being good enough.

Dropping OSZ onto the web likely ties in with the BSS rework. I think beatmap upload will become part of API v2 as all other network features that don't require real-time communication, so upload-through-web would be easy to implement once the rework is done.
Blushing
Drag and dropping straight into the web would be dangerous due to having to either decompress the folder or uploading an entire folder which can contain information that osu! web doesnt want.

It is true that most of the playing stuff is "fleshed" out but BSS rework is involved in MULTIPLE systems, as well as integral stable code, it just is a huge task to take on and the core team has other priorities.