forum

Map Filesizer exceeds the maximum in mania

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
KeRugamer
I've been trying to upload a various artists map (8 songs) but there is an error that says my map exceeds the max filesizer, making it impossible for me to upload it
I had to delete 6 songs just to upload it but now im trying to upload the original version with 8 songs but the same error appears
Someone can help, please?
Blushing
Have you mapped til the end of the song on each of the difficulties? If not go ahead and place a note at the end of the map so that the game can calculate the file duration of the audio.
Topic Starter
KeRugamer

Blushing wrote:

Have you mapped til the end of the song on each of the difficulties? If not go ahead and place a note at the end of the map so that the game can calculate the file duration of the audio.
I did it with all the songs but doesnt work (I also tried to put a long note in all the song for at least 1 minute, i just wanna make it a wip first and then complete it later)
Blushing
Can you upload your beatmap to a different service, like google drive or something so I can take a look at it?
lewski
it sounds like all the songs use different audio files so none of the diffs are long enough to get your file size limit high enough to fit all of the songs

wiki/en/Beatmapping/Beatmap_submission#limitations

wiki wrote:

The file size limit is 5MB plus an additional 10MB for every minute of beatmap length, and it caps at 100MB.
a lot of the time people include a marathon diff that just has all the songs back to back, which is usually long enough to max out the file size limit

another thing you could do is make an audio file that's just 10 minutes of silence and make a diff for it with just one note at the end; it'll waste less space than just combining all the songs but you'll have an empty diff
clayton
you don't need to change or add any audio to artificially increase the upload limit like that. just having a diff with a circle at 0 and a circle at 10min is fine, even if that is after the audio ends

regardless let's see what their problem actually is before suggesting workarounds