forum

I Like drums!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Hachiman Ryouta
More specifically i like drum kits, i really would like to have one but they are expensive, so, i was thinking of buying a snare drum and then an electronic kit, but i want to learn the basics first, so i bought a pair of drumsticks to practice basic rhytyhm patterns. Anyone here who play the drums or another instruments that can help me with the basics of rhytym, that would be awesome, thanks beforehand.
Topic Starter
Hachiman Ryouta
Hi Hachiman. Glad you are interested in music, specifically in rhytyhm. there are a lot of different approaches to understanding it. Such as in a continuous spiral that repats infinitely over time. And the most common as a measure of a musical sheet moving over time. I personally like the measure one bacause of the way osu!mania works, using measures for the beatmap progression.

You can start with the basics in rhythym using your drumsticks to play along the metronome and then changing the speed over time. I do recomend starting with your dominant hand only, then changing to your non-dominant one, play just with one drumstick then as you progress use the other to play the 1/3 or 2/4 beat patterns of a 4/4 tempo. Use the metronome at low speeds like 40-50-60 BPM.
Neigdoig
I would not mind trying to play brush drums, since they were used when playing bossa nova songs on drums.
reffty_gag

Hachiman Ryouta wrote:

Hi Hachiman. Glad you are interested in music, specifically in rhytyhm. there are a lot of different approaches to understanding it. Such as in a continuous spiral that repats infinitely over time. And the most common as a measure of a musical sheet moving over time. I personally like the measure one bacause of the way osu!mania works, using measures for the beatmap progression.

You can start with the basics in rhythym using your drumsticks to play along the metronome and then changing the speed over time. I do recomend starting with your dominant hand only, then changing to your non-dominant one, play just with one drumstick then as you progress use the other to play the 1/3 or 2/4 beat patterns of a 4/4 tempo. Use the metronome at low speeds like 40-50-60 BPM.
bro is gave an advice to himself

Beside of that, good luck !! Im glad you're interested in music (and you have a money, like i want to buy digital piano and guitar, but i dont have money). Enjoy your progress to became a pro drummer, it take a long process. And if you became a pro someday, i want to say this, cover yomi yori pls.

(my english was bad, srry)
Topic Starter
Hachiman Ryouta

reffty_gag wrote:

Hachiman Ryouta wrote:

Beside of that, good luck !! Im glad you're interested in music (and you have a money, like i want to buy digital piano and guitar, but i dont have money). Enjoy your progress to became a pro drummer, it take a long process. And if you became a pro someday, i want to say this, cover yomi yori pls.

Thanks for your comment reffty.
reffty_gag

Hachiman Ryouta wrote:

reffty_gag wrote:

Hachiman Ryouta wrote:

Thanks for your comment reffty.
lol np <333
lostsilver
i like drums! they keep the rhythm of songs, and they just sound neat :3
Topic Starter
Hachiman Ryouta

lostsilver wrote:

Yeah they are cool! It is said that rhythm is the skeleton of the music. So they keep other musical instruments in time, like helping them, you know. That's why I like them.
lostsilver

Hachiman Ryouta wrote:

lostsilver wrote:

Yeah they are cool! It is said that rhythm is the skeleton of the music. So they keep other musical instruments in time, like helping them, you know. That's why I like them.
mhm! :3