forum

Arcade mode

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +670
show more
[ Tsumiki ]
Well! I like it! Very good idea!~ :D
Nether
Very clever idea that you've presented here, personally I'd love to see a feature like this in osu!.
Topic Starter
Trash Boat
of course it will be available offline too
- Kensley -
This idea is very awesome!
D e s
YESSS Mission

Im supporter but I dont have star lol. I dont know how to obtain star

Um... take my invi star
Topic Starter
Trash Boat
bump
AYhaz
Sweet! There should also be something with the player panels in osu!Bancho, like, instead of "Playing <songname> [Diff]", there should be something like "Playing Arcade Set A - Stage 1" if we consider that there would be official sets for Arcade mode.

Also, considering unlockable stuff, please don't make it unnecessarily long and hard to simply unlock things like mods; hell, you should be able to play every mods from the start in my opinion, this should be the basic.

For the achievements, there could be an achievement for clearing Set A with HR/DT/HD/HDHR and such, or more specific achievements related to unlocking stuff (likely Steam achievements).

Even without these changes listed above I would greatly enjoy this mode and so would the people who voted for it.
Here, have +10 Stars.
Omio9999
This can also serve as a way to allow osu! to hit PC-gaming stores as a "hardware trial" as well as a way to give some publicity to osu!, all the while giving new users just a taste of some of the osu! action.

The only problem I can see is extra pressure being slapped on this for the mappers and such. It adds just that much more effort, because I already see people crying about how much work storyboarding is. But, at the same time, if more places begin using osu! as a means of showing hardware's capabilities, then supposed "arcade packs" are definitely going to show some of osu!'s best works, and osu! as a whole gets shown with a lovely amount of publicity. Maybe this'll draw some revenue too?

So, high possibility to create win-win situations. Who knows? This may show up in places like Anime North 2015 if implemented.
Topic Starter
Trash Boat
that could work, but... pc-gaming stores?
Topic Starter
Trash Boat
bump
lovehina99

Omio9999 wrote:

This can also serve as a way to allow osu! to hit PC-gaming stores as a "hardware trial" as well as a way to give some publicity to osu!, all the while giving new users just a taste of some of the osu! action.

The only problem I can see is extra pressure being slapped on this for the mappers and such. It adds just that much more effort, because I already see people crying about how much work storyboarding is. But, at the same time, if more places begin using osu! as a means of showing hardware's capabilities, then supposed "arcade packs" are definitely going to show some of osu!'s best works, and osu! as a whole gets shown with a lovely amount of publicity. Maybe this'll draw some revenue too?

So, high possibility to create win-win situations. Who knows? This may show up in places like Anime North 2015 if implemented.
NO. keep osu free
lovehina99
BTW we should keep single mode andadd arcade mode along with it ya know?
Lin-Kun
This is a pretty interesting idea..! We can have things like... Nightcore Pack 1 or Hardcore Pack 1 (etc etc) that you can download at the beatmap packs area! That's an interesting way to play!
Syphist
This sounds like a lot of fun that would add diversity and challenge to the game, which is good for a game like osu. You have my support.
RichJoker
And add a background story for pippi and Yuzu. Using Beatmap Packs seems to be a viable option for this imo.
Thinking about this idea again, it's possible for some limited time-only stages/tournaments to be added.
+1 star from me.
Ruin Lance
this is an awesome idea. +1
hope it gets implemented
Tanomoshii Nekojou
BUMP! Add more mode suggestions for osu!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Etowl
i really like the idea , hope it will happen!
JapanYoshiTheGamer
I mean, why not? Stepmania has this, and it's actually pretty convenient.
jim3l16
osu have a beta like osu lazer but for testing only. i think it will be release on future
SupertCZ

jim3l16 wrote:

osu have a beta like osu lazer but for testing only. i think it will be release on future

lol did you just bumped 4 years old topic?
DominekGo
sounds really interesting
beachTurkey
that would be pretty cool but why not just press f2