forum

"No double-press" mod for taiko?

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
needz
Hey there. First post.

Wondering what the effort level on a mod that disables buttons until after you press a different button would be?

The purpose for this would be to force one to practice alternating left and right hand.

My rough idea is that: if I hit a note with a right hand button, right hand buttons become disabled until I hit a note with a left hand button (but will still register and reset on big notes). I'm not sure how this would work for non-default keybindings...

I'm a developer, but am not familiar with the codebase or what hooks/methods are available to mods.

Thanks for reading
chromb
isn't this already available on lazer? (it might be standard only)

If you really want to, you can have a crack at it by looking at https://github.com/ppy/osu
mayoneeze
I like this idea also hate it since it would kill me as I often tend to kind of cheese patterns by relying more on either hand, usually right.

@chromb No it isn't, you might be confusing OP's suggestion with the Single Tap mod which really isn't useful practice in my eyes. Actually, it would be the no double-press mod for ddkk/kkdd users (right?). Maybe it's not a good idea after all since I don't know how many really play kddk which I assume this mod would be more suitable for.
Topic Starter
needz
Yes, I suppose this would only be useful for kddk (the default).

Does that mean it would never have a chance of being merged into a release even if I did dig into code to figure it out?

Could this idea be improved so that ddkk/kkdd users would also find it useful for practice?
BlueChinchompa

needz wrote:

Does that mean it would never have a chance of being merged into a release even if I did dig into code to figure it out?
You can also suggest it in the osu! github.