forum

how to cover the song select line?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
advil_raccoon
I'm pretty sure the tutorial said something about this but istg i've checked it like 5 times and cant figure out what to do. like how am i supposed to make it so the menu line isnt showing on the mode-small icons? and make it so the mode-small-icons are the right color? the top part and menu back design is on those icons but yeah idk what to do

JustABeginner
Hi advil_raccoon!

About the menu line isn't showing on the mode-small icons:
I'm not entirely sure which of it are you actually referring to? Is it the same with the line on the ones you circled on?

As for the lines circled:
It could be something with the file name songselect-top and songselect-bottom in your skin folder.
Might check those out to see if there's the blue line appeared on there.
Topic Starter
advil_raccoon

JustABeginner wrote:

Hi advil_raccoon!

About the menu line isn't showing on the mode-small icons:
I'm not entirely sure which of it are you actually referring to? Is it the same with the line on the ones you circled on?

As for the lines circled:
It could be something with the file name songselect-top and songselect-bottom in your skin folder.
Might check those out to see if there's the blue line appeared on there.
thanks for responding but i basically just changed the design on top of those blue lines that were showing through. the lines that showed through the design are those blue lines on the edges of the top and bottom part on the default skin, and because my design for those parts were on an add blend mode it still showed the line underneath. so yeah like i said i just incorporated a white line on the edge of my design so it covers it. thanks tho! but if anyone has any other ideas to get rid of it id love to hear
JustABeginner

advil_raccoon wrote:

... and because my design for those parts were on an add blend mode it still showed the line underneath...
Blend? Are you using mode-osu-small by chance?
I don't think songselect-top and songselect-bottom are using blend mode though.
Topic Starter
advil_raccoon

JustABeginner wrote:

advil_raccoon wrote:

... and because my design for those parts were on an add blend mode it still showed the line underneath...
Blend? Are you using mode-osu-small by chance?
I don't think songselect-top and songselect-bottom are using blend mode though.
sorry for the super late response thats my bad, but yeah I was using mode-osu-small because I was following the skinning tutorial. In the tutorial and in the skinnable files list I didnt see anything called songselect-top or songselect-bottom so i didnt know about them. i've noticed that the tutorial is great and all but still doesn't cover a lot of the things about skinning. like the skin i made was for mania only and the tutorial has nothing about gameplay or the pause screen or even the results screen as far as i know so i just made it up as i went along. so now im assuming there's a bunch of aspects to skinning that i have no clue about lol