forum

[resolved] What will happen to ranked score in Lazer?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Flavia
When i have tested and played osu!-lazer i noticed that the default score system is score v2 or whatever its called and i am pretty worried that score system or the other ''classic'' will one day completely replace the main scoring system for lazer and i really hope it doesnt and i hope that the scoring system we have in stable will also be in lazer. The reason i dont want those scoring systems to take over is because people have played osu! farming ranked score for years and trying to achieve certain goals like 100 billion ranked score, 500 billion, 1 trillion etc and if a new different scoring system takes over it could change the ranked score number on profiles to a completely different number making all the progress people have made for years all for nothing?

I may be completely wrong about this and i apologize that this post is messy/carelessly made but if im right i really hope the devs take this into consideration when working on lazer since lazer will one day become the main osu client.

osu! version: Cutting Edge 20231207
- Marco -
The new capped to 1 milion scoring will be used, if you want to see scorev1-like numbers you can change Score display mode to Classic. Also it's better to send lazer feedback to Github
Topic Starter
Flavia

- Marco - wrote:

The new capped to 1 milion scoring will be used, if you want to see scorev1-like numbers you can change Score display mode to Classic. Also it's better to send lazer feedback to Github
Oh ok thx, i will definitely send this feedback on Github
tsunyoku
To clarify, ranked score is using "classic" scoring even if you have lazer mode enabled on the web. This means you shouldn't notice any difference between lazer and stable for ranked score.
Topic Starter
Flavia

tsunyoku wrote:

To clarify, ranked score is using "classic" scoring even if you have lazer mode enabled on the web. This means you shouldn't notice any difference between lazer and stable for ranked score.
Ok thank god, thx for the info!