forum

[Archived] Auto-scrolling when exiting beatmap

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
rasgado
Problem details: I'm not sure the exact cause of the issue as I have tried to replicate it but it usually happens randomly. Whenever exiting a beatmap the game decides to scroll at light speed through all the maps and is unable to be stopped unless you close the game. This is repeatable with keyboard inputs such as using the arrow keys as they navigate through the maps you have but this is about 100x faster than any input other than mouse wheel.

Video:

osu! version: Stable 20240123 (latest)
- Marco -
Try disconnecting any controllers or check if the down arrow key is stuck
Topic Starter
rasgado

- Marco - wrote:

Try disconnecting any controllers or check if the down arrow key is stuck
There are no controllers and the arrow keys are working perfectly fine since my keyboard has no issues. If it was the arrow keys the scrolling would be a lot slower than it is scrolling in the video as it has happened before but that is resolved by repressing the arrow key that the game believes is stuck.
Death
This is probably the same as this very old forum thread. You can try using the solution in there to get it to stop. Also pressing Page Down on your numpad, assuming you have one, might work as well.
Topic Starter
rasgado

Death wrote:

Also pressing Page Down on your numpad, assuming you have one, might work as well.
Thank you, I believe I shouldn't have the problem again. I think it happens when my keyboard accidentally gets banged and presses "Pg Dn" as I left a map since I have all my keys set to 0.1mm actuation (which I now realize is a big issue entirely) and caused the game to believe I was still pressing it. Page Down was the key that made it scroll so fast as when I held it down it was the same speed as shown in the video. What is crazy to me is that this bug is presumably 9 years old?