forum

[STD, Taiko, Mania; Partially HD; Widescreen] Flat and Simple

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
nphuracm
This topic was in Work in Progress, but due to a Mania-related skin.ini fragment that I copied from this skin, I think it would be better to post this skin to Remixed just to be safe after some discussion.

This skin is for those who just wants a skin with a clean look, no bullshit, complete with some lame humor.
graphics design is my passion

While all (skinned) visual materials are (re?)created with my own hands, I employed the sounds from the following external sources:
  1. Hitsounds and some UI - osu!(lazer) ("argon" pro)
  2. Section Pass/Fail Sounds, Results/Fail Screen - the OG osu!tutorial
  3. Combo break sound - The Windows XP 'Foreground' sound. I need not further explanation on this one, but I'd also like to credit precisely where I got hold of this sound: (Skin) Windosu XP
From osu!wiki:

Can I use a skinned element from someone else's skin?

Yes, you can use skinning elements from other skins. These are called "mixed skins" or "skin mashups". However, you are not allowed post these on the skinning subforum with or without permission! You could, however, post them in your signature or me! userpage.

The only exception to this are sounds, as they are typically harder to make. These can be used from other skins, even without explicit permission from the original skinner. It would, however, be nice of you to credit the original skinner.
Designs for many elements are inspired by skins like the OWC 2020+ skin.

Do not get your expectations on the skin's quality too high though, because this skin:
  1. is created entirely using paint.net
  2. is a restoration of a very early project from back in 2020
  3. has some of its resources once lost due to a filesystem failure
Expect this thing to be pretty janky.

I have had plans of skinning CtB as well but the idea ultimately got scrapped.

This skin is somehow designed for those who care about combo more - I used a big red "NO!!" text for the Miss burst, and I also added slider tick miss elements (lazer-specific) that shows a similar exaggerated text on sliderbreaks.
There is an alternate health bar named scorebar-bg@2x-noname, which is basically the same health bar as the default one but with my name removed. Use it as needed.

Download (Google Drive)
Download (OneDrive)

SPOILER
Extra download: Said "very early project from back in 2020" for the lolz
Download (OneDrive)