forum

trouble reading more technical maps

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Maximew
my other skills like jumps are relatively okay (i need to work on accuracy a bit though) but when it comes to reading maps where there are short fast sliders and unfamiliar patterns i suddenly feel like a victorian era child playing the game for the first time.

i have trouble with things such as lots of short sliders repeated quickly where i have very bad timing on hitting the slider heads.

i know i need to play more, but are there any things like techniques i should be using or specific things to practice so i dont develop bad habits? also, talking about playing more, what are some good low star (3-4) maps to practice to help? thanks
KS Wicher
finger control:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oHmeiXWKug&t=460s&pp=ygUTb3N1IGZsYW1pbmdvIG1ldGhvZA%3D%3D
you have to get better at reading, but there is probably no best way to do it as reading is connected to every part of gameplay, check some yt idk
to hit sliders and hit them with good acc you have to get better at reading, sometimes precision and aim control

to get better at tech in general you have to play wide range of maps to get you familiar with as many patterns as possible, the best way to get some maps that will help you with that is to go to beatmapsets
and download some random maps
Nanofranne
Agreed. In addition to that, tech maps often emphasize sudden sliders, sudden jumps on the beat with the music. You can shift more of your focus there and getting the finger/aim control needed.

Tech kinda starts around 4* as a basic form of finger control. Think of occasional doubles, sliders, etc.

beatmapsets/1313664#osu/2817456
beatmapsets/1079970#osu/3075535
beatmapsets/1170697#osu/2506205
Naiad
3-4 star tech maps are pretty rare. You have to work on your reading foundation. Try to really absorb each note's position relative to each other and the timings between them (1/2, 1/3) don't get sloppy. I see many lower rank players mash sliders in tech maps or play 1/3 patterns like they're 1/4, try to avoid that.