forum

[Archived] Is Country Change possible ?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Tairaa
First of all, if this topic has been already discussed in the past I'm sorry had no Idea and I do not look at forums at all.

With that out of the way, is there any way that I could change my country to my origin country? When I first played OSU I created the account I use right now in the country I am at. But I am a foreigner in this country. Also if it is possible I have documents to support my claim that I am indeed from another country and not where I am at right now.

Thank you
syrniki
you can check the news archive here

you used to be able to do it by contacting the Account support team with proof of residency, but was discontinued since 2021 because of uncomfortable amount of personal information being transmitted, as well as regular cases of abuse.

As of now, if you've been consistently connecting from a country that differs from the country associated with your account over a long period of time (I heard it was about 4 months) you will be prompted to change your country flag in the account settings page. So you basically have to be in that specific country to be able to change your osu flag.
Topic Starter
Tairaa

syrniki wrote:

you can check the news archive here

you used to be able to do it by contacting the Account support team with proof of residency, but was discontinued since 2021 because of uncomfortable amount of personal information being transmitted, as well as regular cases of abuse.

As of now, if you've been consistently connecting from a country that differs from the country associated with your account over a long period of time (I heard it was about 4 months) you will be prompted to change your country flag in the account settings page. So you basically have to be in that specific country to be able to change your osu flag.
I have read the news archive, so if thats the case, I assume using a vpn is fine for it ? Thanks for letting me know ! :D
syrniki
yes, vpn should be fine. you're welcome!
chromb
Using a VPN is technically possible, but you'll need to ONLY connect to osu! using the VPN for a considerable amount of time. Not intended and isn't really within the spirit of having the flags in the first place, but there's nothing really stopping you from trying.