forum

The "Give Kudos" button. [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2
Topic Starter
0_o
A lot of the time newbies do not kudo user's posts, and I think it's because they don't know what kudos are. I think it would be beneficial if it said something like "Give a kudo if you found this post useful!" or something to that extent.
Derekku
Agreed. "No kudosu awarded yet" isn't very helpful if one doesn't know what kudosu is.

Another problem is that newbie mappers think that "nice map, star" is a "helpful" post and should get kudosu. >.>;
Kitsunemimi
I'm sure this would be helpful.
MegaManEXE
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
anonymous_old

Derekku Chan wrote:

Another problem is that newbie mappers think that "nice map, star" is a "helpful" post and should get kudosu. >.>;
Well, really, kudos are thanks, so giving kudosu to a nice post is like giving it thanks.
bmin11
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Derekku
Kudos are only supposed to be given for helpful posts. =x This is why BATs/mods remove kudos if they see that someone didn't earn them.
anonymous_old

Derekku Chan wrote:

Kudos are only supposed to be given for helpful posts. =x This is why BATs/mods remove kudos if they see that someone didn't earn them.
And BAT's can give kudosu if the OP didn't.
Topic Starter
0_o

strager wrote:

Derekku Chan wrote:

And BAT's can give kudosu if the OP didn't.
BATs don't check new maps by newbies. And really, it's a hassle to have to ask a BAT in IRC or the creator of the map every time kudosu isn't given.

How come this was denied? =/
peppy
Just ask a BAT or me and we will give out the kudosu deserved. This is how the system has always worked.
bmin11
Aren't they too busy to do that?
anonymous_old

bmin11 wrote:

Aren't they too busy to do that?
It's implicitly part of their job.
Derekku
RemmyX25
You: "Hey <insert BATs name here>, can you give kudosu for this post? <insert link here> Thanks!"
BAT: "Sure." *click* "done. :D"

Not hard.
Topic Starter
0_o
I'm just saying those requests could be halfed by changing a line of text. I don't like going "Hey, I gave you great advice on your map so give me kudos! That's what you do when someone makes a useful post!" whenever I mod a newbie's map. They really don't have any way of knowing about the kudosu system unless someone tells them, and I don't see the harm in a simple message explaining it.
Topic Starter
0_o
I'm bringing this up again. I don't see why it would be easier to report every misgiven kudo to a mod then it would to add a little message saying what a kudo is. Isn't it kind of like saying "Why bother having trash cans when we have janitors to pick up the garbage?"
RemmyX25

0_o wrote:

"Why bother having trash cans when we have janitors to pick up the garbage?"
Not to get off topic, but i use that philosophy at work. If everyone threw everything in the trash can, there would be many lost jobs. Thats why we have janitors.
Topic Starter
0_o

RemmyX25 wrote:

If everyone threw everything in the trash can, there would be many lost jobs. Thats why we have janitors.
sure, but we had BATs way before the kudosu system. This wouldn't make BATs any less essential or useful.
Ichigo-Sora
Posted in the wrong place.