forum

How to change colors of columns?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Devil Fork
Hi, I'm wondering how to change the colors of the columns. Because in four and five keys, the second fingers play pink notes while the third fingers play gray notes; but in six and seven keys, this is reversed. I find this extremely confusing. I don't think I can play with the default settings. Is there a setting option to change this?

Thanks for your time
Xcrypt
You can. Download a mania skin of your liking, go to that folder and edit the mania note 1, 2 and S to be copies of the same image.
But if you could probably get used to the colours if you play a lot and switch a lot between the different keymodes.
Topic Starter
Devil Fork
That's not really what I want. I don't want all the keys to look the same, because the colors help me. What I want is the colors to be consistent with the fingers I use. Is there any way to do that?
Topic Starter
Devil Fork
Also, when I do your suggestion it doesn't solve the problem, as the descending notes are still the wrong color.
QQQK
TouchFluffyTail has a very nice guide on how to skin keypresses and notes in each column.
  1. Skinning Key Images
  2. Skinning Note Images
If you're using the default skin, you might want to pick up the new skin template so you have the default osu!mania skin elements to work with.

To save you a bit of time, I fiddled a bit with my 5k.ini file. This code gives you pink keypresses/notes for the middle fingers and the thumb, and white for the indexes.
SPOILER
//Key images
KeyImage0: mania-key2
KeyImage0D: mania-key2D
KeyImage1: mania-key1
KeyImage1D: mania-key1D
KeyImage2: mania-key2
KeyImage2D: mania-key2D
KeyImage3: mania-key1
KeyImage3D: mania-key1D
KeyImage4: mania-key2
KeyImage4D: mania-key2D

//images
NoteImage0: mania-note2
NoteImage0H: mania-note2H
NoteImage0L: mania-note2L
NoteImage1: mania-note1
NoteImage1H: mania-note1H
NoteImage1L: mania-note1L
NoteImage2: mania-note2
NoteImage2H: mania-note2H
NoteImage2L: mania-note2L
NoteImage3: mania-note1
NoteImage3H: mania-note1H
NoteImage3L: mania-note1L
NoteImage4: mania-note2
NoteImage4H: mania-note2H
NoteImage4L: mania-note2L
Topic Starter
Devil Fork

ZXCV wrote:

TouchFluffyTail has a very nice guide on how to skin keypresses and notes in each column.
  1. Skinning Key Images
  2. Skinning Note Images
If you're using the default skin, you might want to pick up the new skin template so you have the default osu!mania skin elements to work with.

To save you a bit of time, I fiddled a bit with my 5k.ini file. This code gives you pink keypresses/notes for the middle fingers and the thumb, and white for the indexes.
SPOILER
//Key images
KeyImage0: mania-key2
KeyImage0D: mania-key2D
KeyImage1: mania-key1
KeyImage1D: mania-key1D
KeyImage2: mania-key2
KeyImage2D: mania-key2D
KeyImage3: mania-key1
KeyImage3D: mania-key1D
KeyImage4: mania-key2
KeyImage4D: mania-key2D

//images
NoteImage0: mania-note2
NoteImage0H: mania-note2H
NoteImage0L: mania-note2L
NoteImage1: mania-note1
NoteImage1H: mania-note1H
NoteImage1L: mania-note1L
NoteImage2: mania-note2
NoteImage2H: mania-note2H
NoteImage2L: mania-note2L
NoteImage3: mania-note1
NoteImage3H: mania-note1H
NoteImage3L: mania-note1L
NoteImage4: mania-note2
NoteImage4H: mania-note2H
NoteImage4L: mania-note2L
Thank you! This is exactly what I'm looking for :)