forum

[resolved] Certain Difficulty Not Downloading In Mapset?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[-Omni-]
im making this map of this song which i mapped all last night but when my friend tried to download the mapset, this one difficulty which is the top one wouldnt download? i tried exporting it to see if it would work for me but it doesnt. how can i fix this?

map if you want to see for yourself: beatmapsets/2119164#osu/4451474
Death
Looks like the map was deleted?
Topic Starter
[-Omni-]

Death wrote:

Looks like the map was deleted?
mhm. asked gmt to delete it. i reuploaded and now it works normally :D
velamy
bump, still broken for me
Death

Velamy wrote:

This is the new set beatmapsets/2120648#osu/4455530

I only see 3 difficulties uploaded to the website instead of 4 which the previous one had. All 3 are downloading fine for me.

It could be that the top diff is failing to import for you due to the extremely long difficulty name. If you have osu! installed to a location on your computer that causes the .osu file path to be longer than 256 characters, that can happen.

My recommendation would just be to shorten the diff name. You could also move your osu! folder down a few directories, but that will only solve the issue for you, and it's likely there will be other people with the same issue who won't know to do that.
Topic Starter
[-Omni-]

Death wrote:

Velamy wrote:

This is the new set beatmapsets/2120648#osu/4455530

I only see 3 difficulties uploaded to the website instead of 4 which the previous one had. All 3 are downloading fine for me.

It could be that the top diff is failing to import for you due to the extremely long difficulty name. If you have osu! installed to a location on your computer that causes the .osu file path to be longer than 256 characters, that can happen.

My recommendation would just be to shorten the diff name. You could also move your osu! folder down a few directories, but that will only solve the issue for you, and it's likely there will be other people with the same issue who won't know to do that.
E:\Downloads\osu!\Songs\beatmap-638407986671186775-audio = 56 characters

Will Stetson - Honesty (Swing Arrangement) [ThatTromboneGuy Edit] ([-Omni-]) [Truth And Sorrow Fullfilled By Forgiveness; Our Morality Overcomes].osu = 149

the diff name shortage did work tho! ty :D
Death
Most people have osu! installed to its default location in Local AppData, so the full file path for them would have been something like:
C:\Users\Test\AppData\Local\osu!\Songs\2120648 Will Stetson - Honesty (Swing Arrangement) [ThatTromboneGuy Edit]\Will Stetson - Honesty (Swing Arrangement) [ThatTromboneGuy Edit] ([-Omni-]) [Truth And Sorrow Fullfilled By Forgiveness; Our Morality Overcomes].osu
That is 262 characters.

Since you have osu! installed to a different path that's probably why it was seemingly working for you and not for Velamy. Anyway, glad it's fixed now.
Topic Starter
[-Omni-]

Death wrote:

Most people have osu! installed to its default location in Local AppData, so the full file path for them would have been something like:
C:\Users\Test\AppData\Local\osu!\Songs\2120648 Will Stetson - Honesty (Swing Arrangement) [ThatTromboneGuy Edit]\Will Stetson - Honesty (Swing Arrangement) [ThatTromboneGuy Edit] ([-Omni-]) [Truth And Sorrow Fullfilled By Forgiveness; Our Morality Overcomes].osu
That is 262 characters.

Since you have osu! installed to a different path that's probably why it was seemingly working for you and not for Velamy. Anyway, glad it's fixed now.
ohhh okay i see now