forum

[Archived] Score v2 is forced when playing high combo map, but not on Auto

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Bara-
Problem details:
Okay so I made a marathon map of 31 minutes. It initially had 11005 combo. When testing, it displayed the maximum score as 00, so I knew something was off. I know the theoretical max score one can obtain on a map is 2,147,483,648 (2^31), but this wouldn't happen unless the map is played in CtB or has at least a 1.13x Score multiplier when using mods. (The score given using 1.12x is shown in a screenshot and is just barely below this cutoff, but also includes maximum spinner bonuses and 100% accuracy. But when playing it, it always forced the Score V2 mod, whether it was on standard or CtB. I can totally understand that happening (though it should only happen on CtB, not on Standard in my opinion), but when using Autoplay, it doesn't force Score V2, which seems a bit odd

The screenshots relating to the problem

The map in question, 7250 objects

Playing the map normally; note the score compared to the 27 combo --> Score V2 is enabled

The editor forcing ScoreV2 when testing too, and max score of 00

The map with auto, which scores normally

Score with 1.06x mods and autoplay

The final result screen with 1.12x mods and autoplay, giving an actual score and not locked to 1M max due to Score v2, and higher than that of 1.06x

Yes, I already nerfed the map by removing 800 combo in order to make it play normally, but it still is a problem which should be noted, especially that the ScoreV2 trigger doesn't work on auto. Tho ideally I'd have it that the original version of the map could be playable normally

osu! version: Stable 20240102.2 (latest)