forum

osu!lazer!taiko - Branching Notes

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
NikoPalad67140
Basically, certain Oni charts in the Taiko no Tatsujin series branch out their notes into different difficulties depending on how well you play: it starts at "Standard", then upgrades to "Expert" if you play well and then "Master" if you keep this performance going. If it were to be implemented in osu!lazer, it would be under the "Effects" tab in the Timing section, where charters can choose where to branch out the notes and at what level. Furthermore, they should be given the option to test out each branch individually in the editor itself, and not in the editor's test play function since the latter doesn't have an autoplay key like normal osu does.
Jason X
First of, regarding feature ideas for lazer:

peppy wrote:

If you would like to suggest features for lazer, you can check the issues page on github.
community/forums/topics/962192?n=1

Btw, this is also the wrong forum, Feature Requests would've been the correct forum :?

I like that Idea, branching notes are something I really like in the TnT games, haven't really used them in my own charts though. Considering how the osu map is structured code wise I personally don't see how this could be implemented with the editor, at least not with the current one.
The lazer editor is not yet done so we might see a posibility for this inn the future.
Corne2Plum3
(moved from Development)
clayton
this is the same as the "stream" mode in osu!stream so there is good basis for it to come to regular osu as well :^)