forum

[resolved] Problem with the country shown

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Repla
Problem details:I need help, the country on the website does not match the one shown in the game. Does anyone have a solution?

osu! version: Stable 20240102.2 (latest)
Hydreigon
Are you perhaps using a VPN or proxy while playing osu? Cause that can be most likely the cause of if you have it enabled.

Another cause could be your ISP.

(Also a video/screenshot of the problem in game could help out) Also which country is the correct one? The web or the one in game?
Topic Starter
Repla

Hydreigon wrote:

Are you perhaps using a VPN or proxy while playing osu? Cause that can be most likely the cause of if you have it enabled.

Another cause could be your ISP.

(Also a video/screenshot of the problem in game could help out) Also which country is the correct one? The web or the one in game?
I don't use a VPN and as far as I know, I don't use a proxy either. Could you tell me what ISP is?

By the way, the correct country is the one on the website, until a few days ago in osu it appeared "unknown" but recently it indicates the wrong country
Hydreigon
ISP stands for Internet sevice provider.

Alright, so this is most likely caused by your ISP is giving you a connection that isnt accurate too your location, Death clarified this on an older post here: community/forums/topics/1373055?n=2

Death wrote:

This is likely some sort of issue with your ISP if you are not using a VPN. osu! sets your country in game based on the location it gets from your connection. If this just started recently it'll most likely resolve itself after a while.
so your probably fine, as it will fix itself after a while.
Topic Starter
Repla

Hydreigon wrote:

ISP stands for Internet sevice provider.

Alright, so this is most likely caused by your ISP is giving you a connection that isnt accurate too your location, Death clarified this on an older post here: community/forums/topics/1373055?n=2

Death wrote:

This is likely some sort of issue with your ISP if you are not using a VPN. osu! sets your country in game based on the location it gets from your connection. If this just started recently it'll most likely resolve itself after a while.
so your probably fine, as it will fix itself after a while.
Thank you very much, through your comment I went to check and the problem turned out to be a proxy, the location is now shown correctly