forum

Improving backwards

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
The Animeboy
I've picked up osu mania couple months ago and been playing couple of times daily, what ive noticed is that no matter what I do, i keep getting lower and lower scores over time. Its been getting really frustrating to look at my old scores with 3-4% better accuracy compared to new ones, idk whats happening to me... I dont seem to improve, in fact im going backwards which should not be the case with anything humans learn over time. Also, for the love of god i cant read sliders for shit, everytime sliders are involved with circles my accuracy drops extremely, i fuck up the most basic slider combos on 2.3 star maps, and yet i can play some 3.2 star maps which dont have many sliders with ease, i think its because im autistic as fuck and i cant keep track of 2 things at once. Swear to god i hit the most insane riffs with circles but never sliders. Is it normal? It seriously turns me off so hard i want to quit the game right away, what can be done even?
UltraBlack
Ok lets go. First of all from what i could see in your profile you play a lot of convert maps and i don't recommend that, they are different from the usual mania maps and they don't follow the ranking criteria for mania which can make it harder for new players to play. That said you have a lot of A rank plays, 165 for 200 S ranks is a lot in mania. Usually you will get better by doing something you can understand and getting better with time as you get more used to it. My recommendation here is both low your scroll speed to make it easier to read notes and play easier maps. Also, your rank is going down in the same pace for sometime, which means that you probaly is not playing. Basically the usual play more but play right, good luck