forum

[Archived] Directx 12 or Vulkan in Osu Lazer

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
TheRitrax
The vast majority of GPUs are better optimized for Directx 12 or Vulkan than those for Directx 11 or OpenGL that osu lazer currently uses.
- Marco -
You should write it here so devs can read it and reply to you
Espionage724

TheRitrax wrote:

The vast majority of GPUs are better optimized for Directx 12 or Vulkan than those for Directx 11 or OpenGL that osu lazer currently uses.
Complete nonsense.

But for the sake of discussion, Vulkan is an obviously better option for a cross-platform game.
-Hina-
I personally prefer Vulkan, but the game's performance is generally dependent on the GPU and driver you use. You'll need to research and find the optimal driver for your GPU and its firmware version. In my opinion, there isn't a significant difference among all four drivers; newer ones are generally better, but not always.
Neigdoig
I'd also second Vulkan, since I think it's more optimized in certain cases than OpenGL on Linux.
Espionage724

-Hina- wrote:

I personally prefer Vulkan, but the game's performance is generally dependent on the GPU and driver you use. You'll need to research and find the optimal driver for your GPU and its firmware version. In my opinion, there isn't a significant difference among all four drivers; newer ones are generally better, but not always.
I smell ChatGPT bs. What scenario ever (preferably nowadays and not 3dfx-era) does a GPU driver collateral anything with the firmware version? You're telling them to do research so I expect multiple sources :p

To get the easy and unrelated ones out the way, the DisplayPort and UEFI GOP updates for Ampere don't count since they don't do anything with the driver version.