forum

[Archived] I found trojan in osu

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
2012baraka
Problem details:

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
file:///C:/Users/user/YandexDisk-egorka.flint/%D0%A1%D0%BA%D1%80%D0%B8%D0%BD%D1%88%D0%BE%D1%82%D1%8B/2024-01-03_12-00-40.png

i just wanted to check, i have got viruses or not and found trojan in OSU, i downloaded official ver. idk how
BlueChinchompa
Please use an image upload service/file upload service like imgur or google drive so we can actually see the image/other thing.

Make sure you downloaded osu! from here: home/download
Hydreigon

2012baraka wrote:

i just wanted to check, i have got viruses or not and found trojan in OSU, i downloaded official ver. idk how
if i may ask, what anti virus do you use? If it's true that you downloaded the official osu here: home/download

then its most likely a false positive from your anti virus as osu is a completely safe game, so unless your anti virus is preventing you from playing the game, then it should all be fine.

-

BlueChinchompa wrote:

Please use an image upload service/file upload service like imgur or google drive so we can actually see the image/other thing.
Discord and imgbb is better, imgur kinda is bad nowdays to post image outside of the site due to its new policy
BlueChinchompa

Hydreigon wrote:

Discord and imgbb is better, imgur kinda is bad nowdays to post image outside of the site due to its new policy
Thanks for letting me know about imgbb I didn't really know of any imgur alternatives.
Jason X
Very likely a false positive.
Please check if your antivirus is up to date.
If it is, you can simply add an exception rule, best for the whole osu folder, so that it doesn't to anything stupid there.

ps.
In case you're using Avast: Problems have been reported with this antivirus program about 9 years ago, and the problems still occur now and then, I suggest trying a different antivirus to avoid such problems.
Hydreigon

Jason X wrote:

ps.
In case you're using Avast: Problems have been reported with this antivirus program about 9 years ago, and the problems still occur now and then, I suggest trying a different antivirus to avoid such problems.
and in the case u do use AVG but you really insist on keeping AVG, then you can follow what Blushing said in this post: community/forums/topics/1594892?n=3

Blushing wrote:

Try going into the antivirus software and make an exception for osu!, if that doesn't work then follow below.

Until this is fixed you can work around this by going into avg/avast menu => settings => basic protection => file shield and disable file shield temporarily when you want to play

Disabling the shields seems to be the only current way for it to be bypassed, please use this information at your own discretion as disabling the shields may or may not put your computer at risk.