forum

[resolved]My brother wants to play osu as well.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DonQuIoTIV
Problem details: My brother asked me if he could play OSU after he saw me play it on my old laptop, which I had recently given to him. Since I used to play on my account on that laptop, I'm afraid that if I create a new ACC for him, it will be reported as multi-accounting. Therefore, I would like to know if there is anything further I need to do or if my brother can safely create a new account.
DropNight
as long as he's the only one using the new account it should be fine, but if its found out that either of you shared an account then you could get banned, if your just making a new account for him there isnt any problem
Blushing

DropNight wrote:

as long as he's the only one using the new account it should be fine, but if its found out that either of you shared an account then you could get banned, if your just making a new account for him there isnt any problem

it should also be noted that your brother should be the one to create the account, not you. Each account is assigned to each person and you making the account for him is against the rules as well.

Rules wrote:

Each player may only have ONE account, ever. The first account you make during account registration is your one and only osu! account, from the moment of its creation and forevermore. This account is YOU. It is not anyone else — not your brother, your mother, your sister, your friend — it is YOU. Don't share your account with anyone else. You don't get to make a new one if you lose access to it. Keep it safe.
Topic Starter
DonQuIoTIV
Thank you for informing me and for helping me.