forum

Audio offset

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
doraemon0627
What I see or what I hear from my keyboard. Which should I set my audio offset according to?
midgy
osu has about a 40ms delay (it varies slightly depending on your soundcard) so if you want your keyboard taps to be on time with the music you will need to use about -40ms universal offset and turn off hitsounds

tokaku made a vid where she takls about it with examples: https://youtu.be/JWj98KJVuAQ?si=tMvgpRdQ1eINwpsu&t=106
Topic Starter
doraemon0627

midgy wrote:

osu has about a 40ms delay (it varies slightly depending on your soundcard) so if you want your keyboard taps to be on time with the music you will need to use about -40ms universal offset and turn off hitsounds

tokaku made a vid where she takls about it with examples: https://youtu.be/JWj98KJVuAQ?si=tMvgpRdQ1eINwpsu&t=106
Thank you
But what I'm worried about is that if I adjust my audio offset to match with my keyboard sound, the sound and the visual won't match anymore since osu has no visual offset. So I'm not sure what to do :'(
UltraBlack
If you set your offset correctly then you should not see any problem with visuals, it can feel different since you are not used to it tho. You can always change your hitposition later.
Topic Starter
doraemon0627

UltraBlack wrote:

If you set your offset correctly then you should not see any problem with visuals, it can feel different since you are not used to it tho. You can always change your hitposition later.
but what about the input delay
UltraBlack
Nothing you can do about it other than having a good setup or playing at smallest possible resolution (may not work). Most people (like me) don't have a good computer so, as long as you are with the right settings you should not have bigger problems playing.
Topic Starter
doraemon0627

UltraBlack wrote:

Nothing you can do about it other than having a good setup or playing at smallest possible resolution (may not work). Most people (like me) don't have a good computer so, as long as you are with the right settings you should not have bigger problems playing.
I got it thx :)