forum

Is any content creator noticing that they lose views somehow?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MrMcMikey22
Sometimes my videos keep losing dozens of views after it's been released about a day later or so...

And I don't really know why that happens honestly.

Is it because some users steal my views or is it because it's the views that get substracted based on how many times I watch my own videos and I sometimes do watch my own youtube videos if I'm bored...

I hope get some kind of answer from you guys, because YouTube really outdid themselves when it comes to making terrible decisions.
Dementedduck
im pretty sure that happens when bot views are deleted (im not saying ur botting urself, just that yt bots kinda just go to a ton of videos to comment or whatever else)
Hydreigon
its Youtube Audit system, its basically verifying to show you your actual view count as view count can be distorted due to like duck said, botting or the same person in the same ip watching your vid multiple times, etc.

I remember back in the day where videos will get stuck in 301+ views in a bit because the audit system will begin once it reaches 301 views

then it will verify if those 301+ viewers are legit or not after a while

Nowadays the audit system is instant and the process will begin once your vid uploads, so its normal for your views to dip as its now showing your correct amount of views of your videos.
his everything
bots of youtube getting shut down i guess
Topic Starter
MrMcMikey22
Ahh thanks for the info!
his everything

MrMcMikey22 wrote:

Ahh thanks for the info!
Btw what's your Youtube channel?
Neigdoig

MrMcMikey22 wrote:

Sometimes my videos keep losing dozens of views after it's been released about a day later or so...

And I don't really know why that happens honestly.

Is it because some users steal my views or is it because it's the views that get substracted based on how many times I watch my own videos and I sometimes do watch my own youtube videos if I'm bored...

I hope get some kind of answer from you guys, because YouTube really outdid themselves when it comes to making terrible decisions.
I don't even have this issue on my end, though the growth is all organic for me, and the bots don't touch Linux and Free Software content (likely because I'm not on Windows).
erotic
cant lose views if you have 0 viewers on a daily basis

UPR

Playground wrote:

cant lose views if you have 0 viewers on a daily basis

realest shit fr