forum

[Archived] Osu! bugging after I transfered my osu files from old laptop to new laptop

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DannyDahsyat
Problem details:
I bought a new laptop and I wanted to transfer all my osu files (beatmaps, replays, etc) from my old laptop to the new one. So I uploaded the whole osu folder from my old laptop to Google Drive. After I installed osu on the new laptop, I replaced all the files from the osu folder in the new laptop to the one that I uploaded to Google Drive. And I managed to get my beatmaps and replays from the old to the new laptop.

But osu doesn't feels the same anymore. It keeps crashing after I want to open a certain beatmap, some of my maps doesn't have the ratings shown on the right side (pics for example https://imgur.com/a/Btnp75E ), some beatmaps have the song missing, some have the video missing, and sometimes a 4/5 star maps got sorted as a 1 star map (idek). My old laptop doesn't have any of this problem. I also realized that my recent progress went missing if my osu crashed.

So I plan to uninstall osu and try to find an alternative way to get my beatmaps and replays on the new laptop without it bugging. Any help would be appreciated.

(sorry for bad grammar)

osu! version: Stable 20231219.2 (latest)
UnboundMirror
you can use osu supporter or download beatmap packs if you have lost them ingame or pc with supporter all maps you have download appear under played maps on beatmap listing if you have it :) should get your maps back
Topic Starter
DannyDahsyat

UnboundMirror wrote:

you can use osu supporter or download beatmap packs if you have lost them ingame or pc with supporter all maps you have download appear under played maps on beatmap listing if you have it :) should get your maps back
Will it include my previous scores and ratings?
UnboundMirror
yes as long as uve played or tried them with supporter it will show it