forum

[Archived] Bots

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MichaloxTop1
Question

I have seen bots like neuro-sama playing OSU, and I have a question. I can make same thing for OSU?
Jason X
I'm am fairely certain that Neuro-sama does not play on Bancho, as the video's might suggest.
In the video 15 osu! Pros vs AI: "Neuro-sama" by BTMC, you can see that BTMC has "Never played", meaning that this is likely a different server. In the Lobby of the the video Neuro-sama vs osu pro player you can also see that each top player has a way different ranking than what it is here, further indicating that these videos are not made on Bancho.
Furthermore, if Neuro-sama was indeed here on Bancho with such scores it would've sparked many discussions in the forums already, and the spectators in the videos would be way higher.

Now then, let's talk rules. wiki/en/Rules
The First rule states "Each player may only have ONE account, ever."
So if you were to make a different account for your bot, it would be multiaccounting.
If you let the bot play on your account it would be cheating, as you'd gain an unfair advantage over other players.
Bots, such as Neuro-sama, do rely on their programming aiming for them, which is mentioned under Rule 2 (aim-assist programs).

I feel like I should also mention, there are programs that essentially do what Neuro-sama does, play maps and try to look somewhat human while doing so.
Using these programs can lead to being restricted, as it is seen as an unfair advantage (cheating).

"Can you make it"?
You certainly can work on such a program, but keep in mind the above.
What you do while you're offline/on a different server doesn't really matter here, that's how MrReinerZufall for example was able to do videos using cursordance, he did it offline.

Well, here's my thought on that, hope it answered some of your questions.
@ GMT and other help forum regulars, feel free to correct my statement if something is wrong/out of line.