forum

[Archived] Downloading a skin and it reverts to default OSU skin

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MasonBeatsALOT
This is a problem I am currently having, it may be because it is the first time I've had to put a folder into OSU's "skins" folder instead of just downloading it instantly with a .osk file, but whenever I update skins and check, it is just the default skin.

The skin folder being transferred to OSU's skins folder

The skin showing up as the default skin

osu! version: Stable 20231219.2 (latest)
Death
Make sure all of the skin elements are directly under that top level "WhiteCat 2.0 (CK)" folder. Your skin folder is probably structured like osu!/Skins/WhiteCat 2.0 (CK)/WhiteCat 2.0 (CK)/XXXXX.png instead of just "osu!/Skins/WhiteCat 2.0 (CK)/XXXXX.png".

You can use your other, working skins as a reference.
UnboundMirror
as death said u need all parts of the skin to make it work if you have some parts it wont do it each part of the skin has different elements and uses
Topic Starter
MasonBeatsALOT

Death wrote:

Make sure all of the skin elements are directly under that top level "WhiteCat 2.0 (CK)" folder. Your skin folder is probably structured like osu!/Skins/WhiteCat 2.0 (CK)/WhiteCat 2.0 (CK)/XXXXX.png instead of just "osu!/Skins/WhiteCat 2.0 (CK)/XXXXX.png".

You can use your other, working skins as a reference.
Yep, that's what I have been doing,
So it starts with a ZIP File, then there is the folder inside of that ZIP (the thing I import,) which has 2 folders titled "2.0" and "2.1" in it, which have all the osk files, along with a miss sound ZIP.

I'm guessing that the folder I am putting into OSU's skins is the top level, unless I'm supposed to import the ZIP file??
Death
Here, why don't you just open the WhiteCat 2.0 (CK) folder that's in your Skins folder currently and send another screenshot of what's inside it.
Topic Starter
MasonBeatsALOT

Death wrote:

Here, why don't you just open the WhiteCat 2.0 (CK) folder that's in your Skins folder currently and send another screenshot of what's inside it.
Death
Thanks. Take all of the files out of either 2.0 or 2.1 folders and place them directly in the WhiteCat 2.0 (CK) folder.

That's what I meant by my original post. You can't have the skin elements nested within a subfolder. Again, you should be able to look at your other, working skin folders to get an idea of what I mean.