forum

[Archived] How do I open my own chat in osu!lazer

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
mojobojo
Problem details:
My bot that handles my twitch stuff messages me, as myself, with IRC to send me maps. Works fine in stable but I cant figure out how to open my own chat in lazer.
UnboundMirror
theres a bar at top right with chat on it u click that and it opens the channel page click the channel u want and it will open it for you :)
Topic Starter
mojobojo

UnboundMirror wrote:

theres a bar at top right with chat on it u click that and it opens the channel page click the channel u want and it will open it for you :)
Yeah I was in that place. The issue is my chat #mojobojo isnt there. and trying to /join didnt didnt seem to work. I seem to be only able to access this within stable.
Blushing
You are wanting to open a channel to chat with yourself? to my knowledge that isnt supported. If the workings of your bot relies on IRC based protocols, it isnt going to work as osu!lazer doesnt use IRC protocols, afaik. You can try and get your bot registered on osu as a new account so you can message it but that process is lined out in wiki/en/Bot_account , which might be how you want to proceed if you are wanting to use lazer.

Alternatively you can try and use an IRC client while playing lazer (this is somewhat annoying due to the nature of having two clients open).
Topic Starter
mojobojo

Blushing wrote:

You are wanting to open a channel to chat with yourself? to my knowledge that isnt supported. If the workings of your bot relies on IRC based protocols, it isnt going to work as osu!lazer doesnt use IRC protocols, afaik. You can try and get your bot registered on osu as a new account so you can message it but that process is lined out in wiki/en/Bot_account , which might be how you want to proceed if you are wanting to use lazer.

Alternatively you can try and use an IRC client while playing lazer (this is somewhat annoying due to the nature of having two clients open).
This was 100% supported on stable as IRC allows you to DM yourself. Since lazer isnt using IRC I guess I am SOL. My bot doesn't meet the requirements because its been my own personal use bot for streaming with standard unfortunately.