forum

Favourite Music and Songs/Best concert you've ever seen!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Raiku
I was lucky enough to see Oasis before their breakup in Manchester in 2005, The Sex Pistols last reunion and I also happen to live next to Paul Weller of The Jam!

What i'm REALLY interested in though is what YOU guys have been lucky enough to experience. Not just that, I want to see you guises favorite music be it anything you like from all points on the spectrum!

I'l start: Oasis (Lyla, Don't look back in anger & Whatever), The Who (My Generation), Radiohead (Jigsaw Falling into place), Arctic Monkeys, The Kinks, The Stone Roses, Jamiroquai, The Doors, The Who, The Jam, The Clash, The Sex Pistols, The Prodigy (Their old stuff), System of a Down, RENARD, Hendrix, The Beatles, Daft Punk..... THERES SO MUCH TO LOVE ABOUT MUSIC!

So lets hear it guys, I want to know what YOU love!
NotEvenDoomMusic
skrillex best band

oh yeah

lil b good music person
RinKagamine
Vocaloid best ba- wait wut, what the hell is Vocaloid even considered in the first place wtf.
Azer
yanaginagi is love, yanaginagi is life.

Unfortunately I've never really experienced anything good live, was supposed to go see knife party 2 or 3 yeas ago but it ended up raining so I didn't go and sold my ticket.
Kukuthemoogle
A few years back I was really into Skrillex, and I think I went to a concert during his motherboard tour.

I've always wanted to go to a Jack White concert, though... He's amazing.

Lately I've been listening to a lot of: Nujabes, In Flames, Gorillaz, Dj Okawari, and Telepopmusik.
lyut
Everytime I go to see a band live I end up getting ill, which sucks. I went to see Snow Patrol a few years back and I caught Pneumonia while at the festival...

As for favourite songs, well... I like a massive range of music, but I'd say punk rock and alt metal are my truely favourite genres. I listen to anything from DnB to Classical though. I don't think I could really say who my favourite band are, but I can mention a few of my favourites. Breaking Benjamin, Billy Talent, SOAD, Nightwish, TDG, Sum 41, Papa Roach and Weezer... I love lots of other things though! :D
Navi
Went to Glastonbury saw loads of awesome bands, coldplay, fatboy slim..
Saw Gorillaz live at the O2 arena. (amazing)
These days I'll enjoy pretty much any type of genre... from bait hoven to 2 chains prodigy.
[ Katsu ]
Saw greenday live in 2005? at Milton Keynes, i was there when they recorded the bullet in the bible album! Also saw Faithless live which was awesome.

I love music and HI FI, always looking to make my music sound as good as possible, and as loud as possible ;)

I like most music genres though i'm very much a technohead at heart, grew up listening to old UK hardcore and some rave stuff, nowadays I love hardstyle and house music the most but i do enjoy listening to many bands:
(in no particular order)
Avenged Sevenfold
Rammstein
Killswitch Engage
Arctic Monkeys
Blink-182
Sum 41
and many more....

I also like a lot of older music to, Dead Kennedys anyone?

In all I guess you could say my taste for music is very broad :p
Xyrax Alaria
I've never been able to see a concert so far but I would kill to see Vocaloid or Daft Punk live >< Either of those would make my day.
silmarilen
ive been to pink floyd live (actually it was only the bassist, but who cares, its freaking pink floyd). ive also been to focus (a very popular dutch band from the 60s/70s they even had some international fame back then)
ive also seen some other bands live, which were at the same festival as pink floyd, but they arent important.
WeedMaster_old
I've seen Pendulum and The Black Keys live, I'm not a fan of live music though, I only really went to them because friends were going.

I love music that is complex and immerses me, so mainly electronic music, but I listen to anything but punk, whatever genre Dragonforce are, synthesizer metal and music where the words are shallow and superficial.

Two songs have impressed me recently, and whilst listening I did feel very immersed, if you like electronic music they may be worth listening to

Rumby
I've been to many concert (Dream Theater 4 times now, System of a Down, Disturbed, Korn, Rush, Metallica, and many more) but the best concert I attended was without any doubt Rammstein. It was their first show in North America in over 10 years and it was on the ''Plaine d'Abraham'' park in Quebec City. Rammstein + fireworks + 100 000 spectator = best show in my life. I doubt anything can top that for me now.
kouzuki_karen
skrillecks
Sylvaril
Seen Iron Maiden and Volbeat live so far. Both were good <: