forum

Green Line Volume

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Akebana Yukio
Sometimes when I use 5% volume on a green line it's completely silent and sometimes it still has a little sound. why is that?
lewski
if u dont link a map nobody can do anything except guess

in any case my first guess is that ur wrong and its never actually completely silent, u just dont hear it cause the song is louder

if its actually completely silent even with music volume at 0% (and effect volume not at 0% obviously) u have a silent hitnormal
Topic Starter
Akebana Yukio
well sorry for my misinterpretation, the sound when the volume is 5% is indeed not completely silent. And for that problem above actually happened in some of my unsubmitted Beatmaps. some Beatmaps, for example in the slider case, when the slider head volume is 50% (or even higher) and the slider end is 5%, the slider end still has little sound (not the average 5% that is almost silent)

edit:
okay, i was just doing some experiments with a Beatmap that has the same song type and the result is the same. so, i believe that it's actually depends on the song. might use silent hitsound then
Zelzatter Zero
tbf peppy do said he secretly do had said threshold at 8% instead of the displayed 5%, so they may appear louder than it initially seem

Regardless I don't think it would be that noticeable unless you put them during the more quiet part of the song