forum

[osu!mania] Camellia - Spin Eternally by Evening

posted
Total Posts

Should Camellia - Spin Eternally be Loved?

Yes
96.88%
No
3.12%
Total votes: 224
Polling ended
Topic Starter
Paturages
Main thread: [osu!mania] Project Loved: December 2023

Camellia - Spin Eternally by Evening
222 BPM, 3:44 | 5.64★
The [[delete]] difficulty is not being nominated for Loved.

Captain's description (by Paturages):
So CrewK went ahead and did it. That is without a doubt, to this day, one of the greatest storyboard achievements the world has ever witnessed, and it only happened a week ago as I am writing this.

Believe it or not, this nomination was planned completely independently of this feat. Evening's Spin Eternally, one of their magna opera in terms of gimmicks, was instantly inscribed on our radars almost as soon as it was released. Its popularity was unrivaled from day 1, and hasn't really dwindled with time. One year later, here we are: finally adding a leaderboard to it so that CrewK can FC it again haha teehee good luck mate ganbatte xoxo.

For those who don't know the map itself, Spin Eternally is an homage to NotITG's modcharts — a style of mania charting where moving the lanes themselves around is central. As a player, adapting to the gimmicks takes a lot of practice and trial and error as to how to approach reading, and the skillset sort of comes down to having experience with other gimmicks from other charts. Of course, Spin Eternally is far from the first modchart-style mapset we are nominating, but it is not a commonly tackled style of gameplay because of its high bar of entry.

Honestly, even at just one year of age, this nomination is long overdue. Go vote for it. I know I will.

Please use this thread to discuss why you believe this map should or should not enter the Loved category!
XLThinOreos
yeah
Prongle
spin
[GB]Reisen
gooooooooo
eZmmR
The Loved team scheduled it as a gift for Christmas wohohoooo
Zia
let's go
kaedori
SPIN SPIN SPIN SPIN SPIN SPIN SPIN
Topic Starter
Paturages
This map passed the voting! It will be moved to Loved soon.