forum

Am I tapping too hard?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
r u b y y
I've noticed that I tend to type and tap pretty hard on my keyboard, and I was just wondering if that was something to worry about or if my keyboard can take it. I have a mechanical keyboard with MX blues (if it matters its a CM storm quickfire TK) One of my friends who knows stuff about computers and keyboards told me I hit my keys too hard when he heard me play osu! over skype, so I've been kinda worried because I would hate to break a decently expensive keyboard. So should I be worried and try to tap lighter or should I just keep doing what I'm doing?

Also sorry if this thread is in the wrong place, it seemed to fit here.
-Maru
I tap too hard as well and now some of my keys are jammed / hard to press. (My X/Z Left/Down Arrows, and Asterisk/Subtraction keys are this way)
:o tap lighter before it's too late.
Chamelo

Nekoloch wrote:

tap lighter before it's too late.
+ you can't tap hard when do the death stream :o
uzzi
Aren't MX series keys meant to to take punishment? I hit my keys really hard, and have been playing for a little over a year, my keyboard is fine...
Myke B
I get complained at all the time on skype for pressing keys :P It would be in your best interest to try and tap as lightly as possible, because this will help you be quicker in the long run. Also - post this in gameplay & rankings next time.
erOL0liSENSei

- [ U z z I ] - wrote:

Aren't MX series keys meant to to take punishment? I hit my keys really hard, and have been playing for a little over a year, my keyboard is fine...
STOP LIE SKUMBAG HUEHUE. Yur blues feel like reds >;O!
Noobsicle
depends how hard you're tapping it, shouldn't matter since its a mechanical keyboard

you should be worried if it were a rubberdome/chiclet keyboard

also blues are pretty freaking loud (if not the loudest of the 4 common cherry switches)
Kitsunemimi

Noobsicle wrote:

depends how hard you're tapping it, shouldn't matter since its a mechanical keyboard

you should be worried if it were a rubberdome/chiclet keyboard

also blues are pretty freaking loud (if not the loudest of the 4 common cherry switches)
Basically this.

I'm not sure exactly how much your friend really knows about computers and keyboards, but it would be weird not to hear someone's keyboard if they have blue switches.
Kanye West

4ever8bit wrote:

I've noticed that I tend to type and tap pretty hard on my keyboard, and I was just wondering if that was something to worry about or if my keyboard can take it. I have a mechanical keyboard with MX blues (if it matters its a CM storm quickfire TK) One of my friends who knows stuff about computers and keyboards told me I hit my keys too hard when he heard me play osu! over skype, so I've been kinda worried because I would hate to break a decently expensive keyboard. So should I be worried and try to tap lighter or should I just keep doing what I'm doing?

Also sorry if this thread is in the wrong place, it seemed to fit here.
Nah you're fine. I beat the crap out of my quickfire tk and it's perfectly fine after more than a year.
hersa37
If you type hard, try to get something with higher actuation force, they might suit your better than the easy-to-press blues
JAKACHAN
I've played with my blues for 2 years now and I beat the living shit out of them especially the key I single tap with. Not a single key has stopped working nor worked any less than it did when I first got it.

I wouldn't worry unless you bought some cheap ass brand like rosewill, those things break all the time.
Sapphiire_old_1
fingerbanging your keybord is the way to go
Please
Black switches
MrBakpao
i'm just using a keyboard laptop for tapping, but actually it's fine if you can tapping fast
Rio-

malvin98 wrote:

i'm just using a keyboard laptop for tapping, but actually it's fine if you can tapping fast
But It still does make Your keyboard's condition get worsening and break after awhile, since most of keyboard laptop aren't designed for gaming...
Ceph23
If you think you are pressing too hard why not try gettingBlack switches. Those things would probably suit you.

I am slightly tempted to quote a saying about what happens when you go black.....
jackmoo3
i don't think tapping too hard is going to damage your keyboard.
i also tap hard for years(osu and other games) it's still ok.
-normal ligitech keyboard 8-)
GenoClysm
I was tapping pretty hard and broke my n key when i was using b and n.
Corsair keyboards 2 ez 2 break
uzzi

GenoClysm wrote:

I was tapping pretty hard and broke my n key when i was using b and n.
Corsair keyboards 2 ez 2 break
#blackwidowLyfe
AstralPhnx
On the topic of touchscreen tapping. I use a surface pro 2 for osu and the wacom pen that came with it. When I tap I generally apply a moderate amount of force but don't jam the pen into the screen.
D33d
Mechanical keys are designed to activate before they hit the back plate. Train yourself to feel this point and tap the keys lightly enough to stop at the click. Smashing down on the keys defeats the point of them. Blues are extremely tactile, so this shouldn't be too difficult.
show more