forum

osu!mania | Top 10 Irish Players of 2023 | Community Vote [OPEN]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
-Nightkore

If the standard community can have one why can't we?

Rules

- Due to the Mania Community being smaller, we will allow 5 votes per person + 2 honourable mentions.
- You must vote players by their overall skill. This does not only mean who can play zeta stuff. You should also take account on how well a player can play accuracy and other skillsets like LN and SV.
- Please do not troll vote.
- You can only vote ONCE, if you submit another Vote the first one will be taken into account. You can still edit your ORIGINAL vote.
- The only players who you may not vote for are zvirtual and gammawhenlmao. Zvirtual does not wish to be associated with this list (despite he would win anyways). And we are concerned with gammawhenlmao's legitimacy.

Weighting for votes

#1 | 4 Points
#2 - #3 | 3 Points
#4 - #5 | 2 Points
Honorable Mentions | 1 Point

Current Top 10 Irish Rankings

- These are the 10 Highest Ranking Players in Ireland, all ranks are up to date of the publication of the forum post (excluding zvirtual):

#1 IE - Ranshii | #353 Global | Top Play: HyuN feat. Sennzai - Duplicity Shade [7K] Metamorphosis HT - 1,247pp
#2 IE - C0mp1ex_ | #725 Global | Top Play: Noah feat. Ai Ohsera - Rebirth the end [4K] Denouement - 777pp
#3 IE - [LS]SureFir3 | #927 Global | Top Play: Noah feat. Ai Ohsera - Rebirth the end [4K] Denouement - 834pp
#4 IE - Walibi | #1,095 Global | Top Play: HyuN feat. Sennzai - Duplicity Shade [7K] Metamorphosis HT - 911pp
#5 IE - iParacosm | #1,991 Global | Top Play: Frums - HALL [4K] NULL - 679pp
#6 IE - MilkWatcher | #2,018 Global | Top Play: Frums - HALL [4K] NULL - 660pp
#7 IE - Yoygh | #2,101 Global | Top Play: Laur - SYSTEM ERROR [7K] Obsession: Nyctophilia HT - 711pp
#8 IE - -Nightkore | #3,120 Global | Top Play: Frums - HALL [4K] NULL - 648pp
#9 IE - SPLONK | #3,154 Global | Top Play: typeMARS - Triumph & Regret [4K] Regret DT - 564pp
#10 IE - -uyetb- | #3,963 Global | Top Play: Ludicin - Fallen Symphony [4K] Incomprehensible Musicality - 722pp

Quick Notes and Conclusion

- Ranks are not the best metric to measure someone's skill, please take all the player's scores from THIS YEAR into account before putting them on your list.
- Voting ends on Sunday 31st of December 2023.
- Massive thanks to osu!irish for the idea that we did not definately steal!
iParacosm
#1 - SPLONK (SPLONK)
#2 - optically (uyetb)
#3 - C0mp1ex_ ("Uh guys I can't play LN! *Clears Yuugure*")
#4 - WinkleTwinkleLover123 (Milkwatcher)
#5 - MoleLover123 (Groggiy)

Honourable Mentions
1. Surfer3
2. Hatsune Miku
SureFir3
#1 - C0mp1ex_
#2 - SPLONK
#3 - SureFir3
#4 - iParacosm
#5 - uyetb

Honorable mentions:
#1 - Yoygh
#2 - Ranshii
Oneshot Niko
#1: C0mp1ex_
#2: -Nightkore
#3: Surefir3
#4: iParacosm
#5: Milkwatcher

Honorable mentions:
#1: SPLONK
#2: uyetb
Topic Starter
-Nightkore
#1 - Surefir
#2 - C0mp1ex_
#3 - Milkwatcher
#4 - iParacosm
#5 - SPLONK

Honourable mentions

Me (lmao)
Uyetb
-uyetb-
#1 - groggiy
#2 - C0mp1ex_
#3 - SPLONK
#4 - iParacosm
#5 - MilkWatcher

Honorable mentions:
#1 - C0mp1ex_
#2 - Lynxia
Etterna Offline
#1 - C0mpl1ex
#2 - Uyetb
#3 - surefir3
#4 - iParacosm
#5 - Milkwatcher

Honorable mentions

#1 - Yoygh
#2 - Etterna offline
the blue frawog
#1 -uyetb-
#2 C0mp1ex_
#3 [LS]SureFir3
#4 Yoygh
#5 iParacosm

Honourable mentions
-Nightkore
Ranshii

not sure why splonk is even on here considering he quit over like 1-2 years ago
basing off 4k because i have 0 experience in 7k
Topic Starter
-Nightkore

the blue frawog wrote:

#1 -uyetb-
#2 C0mp1ex_
#3 [LS]SureFir3
#4 Yoygh
#5 iParacosm

Honourable mentions
-Nightkore
Ranshii

not sure why splonk is even on here considering he quit over like 1-2 years ago
basing off 4k because i have 0 experience in 7k
lmao he's somehow still top 10
MilkWatcher
#1 [LS] SureFir3
I picked SureFir3 as my top choice due to his overall improvement from Jan-Dec, his ability to be so well rounded yet so ET is astonishing. Not lacking in almost every skillset (SV, LN, Rice, everything) and has good enough accuracy to safely say that he is one of the best and most improved players of IE 2023. Not only does he just play the game, he has lately gotten into the mapping community reaching the likes of robeats Cs. That itself is also worth mentioning.

#2 Nicolas(Complex)
If i didnt look into his scores more, I wouldve put Nicolas a bit more lower down this list, but that will put disrespect on the amount of dedication he has to the game. Viewing his scores and playstyle without an open mind, he is just a jack main. However, I looked more into his plays and despite playing osu! this year, the rapid pace he has improved is bonkers. Physicality trailing near SureFir3's, his accuracy should not be slept on. Owning almost every #1 in the 6-8 country leaderboards (that were once mine TwT). Simply a child prodigy, with a journey worth keeping an eye on.

#3 iParacosm
I personally view iParacosm as the current best tournament player in Ireland. With dedication and time put into training for tournaments, you cant sleep on her and her scores. Also being one of the best LN players in Ireland, her ability to acc dense LNs, releases, and etc etc gives Team Ireland hope of getting a good seed on 4dm and also getting herself highseeds on tournaments. She is proof that anything is possible if you put the time and effort into something, and that having a good mental is the key to becoming a good player. Despite her physicality not being as high as others on this list, her LN skill gaps everyone else bottom text. Signs of life in team ireland? There sure is.

#4 -uyetb-
A controversial yet quiet player, uyetb is an offline osu! player that shocked osu!irish mania with scores that can only be set by top players. In his early days to exposure, he was exposed for od0'ing maps, leading to many suspecting him of hacking and many accusations were thrown towards uyetb. This lead to uyetb moving awayfrom mania for a bit, but during his return he came clean and started playing the game properly. And even tho he wasnt epsilon like we thought he was, uyetb is currently one of the craziest physicality players in IE. With insane stamina and speed scores, uyetb shows off his true abilities in the platform etterna getting himself to 2 digit. This skill then moved onto osu!mania, getting cracky scores on high SR maps reaching LB on some.

5 Ranshii
Its strange having Irelands longest running no.1 player this low on this list. It was a tough choice to rank players, and it is safe to say that Ranshii has been secured in the top5. Despite not being active in both the community and osu! in general, Ranshii is on my top5 due to their skill in 7K being untouchable by any other irish mania player for many years. This year, Ranshii set the first ever 1k and 1.2kpp in ireland across ALL gamemodes marking history as one of the greatest rhythm gamers in ireland. But due to their recent inactivity, Ranshii will be ranked low on this list, mostly due to my focus being on improvement, the player itself, and their mark in the osu!irish community.

HM:
-Nightkore - Insane improvement throughout the years across skillsets. Has been gathering many tourney experiences as both a player and a commentator.

nexusss - 5 digit soon to be top player. The dedication to get good at the game, the rise and grinding, and the overall steady improvement. nexuss deserves a HM on this list for their mentality and maybe next year he will make the Top10 List.

MilkWatcher - Meow meow meow meow meow mEOW Meow :3
Topic Starter
-Nightkore
NOTICE

You do not have to only vote for people inside of the top 10, you can vote for any irish mania player!
groggiy
nicholas
nightkore
milk
i cosm
skinnyalexander

honourable mentions are ranshii and yeb they didnt farm enough this year
bagjettka
#1: C0mp1ex_
#2: Surefir3
#3: -Nightkore
#4: iParacosm