forum

Long Cursor Trail

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Primula_old
So uhh.. Looking at this image:

The one on the right is how my trail usually appears.. pretty short and it breaks when the cursor is moved fast.

The one on the left is how it sometimes appears - seems to happen randomly and only works on the menu.
Is there a way (or will there be a way) to make the trail appear longer at all times? T^T It looks so nice T^T!!
MLGnom
Length of long cursor trail is generally dependant on your fps. If you have low fps you will have right one.

If you don't have good fps you can improve that effect by making smaller cursor trail.Something like10x10 or less.

And you can notice how your fps is dropping while using that long trail.
Topic Starter
Primula_old
How much FPS is required for it? I have 1200 fps according to the fps counter >w<!!
Darksonic
I got like 1500 and I have same problem as you, no idea why is it happening.
Nyari
I usually get this when i go out of osu and like check another monitor and then look back on it
MLGnom
Hmm... So something else must causing this. I will try to find out why is this happening. D:
Brad
I used to get a similar problem like this. Limiting the fps seemed to help it for me though.
Good luck with fixing it >3<
Heibel
This happens when you have osu minimized for Some time, then opens it again, it happens to me all the time
MLGnom

Heibel wrote:

This happens when you have osu minimized for Some time, then opens it again, it happens to me all the time
It must be something else. I have this all the time... no matter what kind of option/size of trail I use always have that
shorter trail.
Heibel

MLGnom wrote:

Heibel wrote:

It must be something else. I have this all the time... no matter what kind of option/size of trail I use always have that
shorter trail.
If you use cursormidle in your skin folder then it will look like this all the time, if not then it bugs like i said
Smilepool
I had the default cursor, the tail was like the one on the left. I change it for my own (cursor + cursor tail) and its looks like the one on the right, so I decided to add a cursormiddle and its come back to the first result, the long tail. I think, then, that the issue is the cursormiddle; with them the cursor tail looks long, without them its looks "cut". Is my hypothesis.
MLGnom

Smilepool wrote:

I had the default cursor, the tail was like the one on the left. I change it for my own (cursor + cursor tail) and its looks like the one on the right, so I decided to add a cursormiddle and its come back to the first result, the long tail. I think, then, that the issue is the cursormiddle; with them the cursor tail looks long, without them its looks "cut". Is my hypothesis.
Because cursor middle changes behaviour of trail and we know already this. Problem is that people still have "short" trail even with cursor middle.
MLGnom
Okay, I'm retarded. The reason why my trail didn't worked correctly is because it had too big canvas (empty space between picture and border of image) on cursor trail...

2D girl lover
did Osu! have system in skin.ini that can change the long trail?
if the size change it still not change much the longer of the trail still same...
ShrimpyPuff
I didn't completely read through it but if you haven't found a solution you have to make a cursormiddle.png image and its gonna instantly extend your cursortrail :) you can make one yourself and i recommend a 1x1 transperant one if you dont want the cursor to be overlayed by it.
Haskorion
no necros pls
DeletedUser_4041880
Just watch as he ends up reviving year-old threads
B1rd
it doesn't matter if you're contributing valuable information
lTenkol
the cursor trail is long if there's "cursormiddle.PNG" in your skin folder
Sleeman

lTenkol wrote:

the cursor trail is long if there's "cursormiddle.PNG" in your skin folder
+1 can confirm