forum

[Archived] [OSU! Lazer] Inconsistent Beatmap Timings

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Avnior
So, I took a several month break from playing. Before my break, I only played on Lazer with no issues (other than my skill)

Now, having decided to come back to the game, I reinstalled it. All of the timing seemed off. I understand that I'm pretty rusty and that I need to play more to get back into the feel. However, even taking that into account, everything just felt wrong. So, I turned on auto to see how that sounded. Also complete garbage. While auto could actually hit the notes at the right times, they would be completely off with the music.

After messing around with assorted settings (especially focused on offset), I could get the beatmap in time with the music. Of course, this only lasted 15-20 seconds until it decided to take its own tempo, thus making it basically impossible to play.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what could fix the problem? Even if I need 500ms+ offset, I'll be fine. But, it's the inconsistency that's really getting to me.

One last note:
- These are the same beatmap files that I used before my break with no issue
Blushing
So you are saying that the audio is out of sync? If the audio is out of sync then you should make sure that you are not using wireless/bluetooth headphones, make sure there are no pending audio driver updates, osu!lazer is using the default/correct audio output device, and that you have NO audio enhancements on your audio drivers.

If these are all up to snuff then please continue this conversation in the github as the developers of osu!(lazer) check this more than this forum:

https://github.com/ppy/osu/discussions