My pp suddenly changed!

posted
Total Posts
show more
Tom94

gman_97 wrote:

Now my pp went down by 250. I now have 1,390pp. The hell is going on?! :?:
You said it rose by 300 before, isn't that still a win for you? :P
It has been said often enough by now, that stuff might be unstable for a while. ;)
Myke B
Lol jesus fuck. You guys read the post if you want to know "what's happening" it's been said like a billion times. The algorithm for PP right now is calculating some shit and your ranks will be going up and down for a bit. I'm sure peppy or tom will make an official post when it's all done or at the very least let you know here.

Edit: someone should really lock this thread, because it's extremely pointless and people just complaining about pp and re-stating what has been said a billion times.
Sorun

Dropped a few thousand but got a cool rank
Venumidas
PPv2 is stupid.

Everybody is saying someting else about it.

With PPv2 I got ranked back to 112k from 42k, after like ~3-4 days of playing I was rank ~40k.

Few hours ago I was 32k, lost some pp and got ranked back to 35.8k, played 1 map and got 1.5k ranksfor it?!

Please don't use a system that is not working.

"But they are currently working on it", I know that, but it can't be right, 112k to 42k to 32k to 35k to 34.2k this massive ranking changes are showing that they are also doing "massive" changes on the PP system, and those changes make no sense.

Little bit easier to understand: They rank me back to 112k(telling me with the new system I belong there), nearly instantly get back to my old rank 42k.

Then play a few days geting rank 32k(change system again) = rank 35.8k. Play 1 map = Rank 34.2k = System is failing/not working.
Myke B

Venumidas wrote:

PPv2 is stupid.

With PPv2 I got ranked back to 112k from 42k, after like ~3-4 days of playing I was rank ~40k.

Few hours ago I was 32k, lost some pp and got ranked back to 35.8k, played 1 map and got 1.5k ranksfor it?!

"But they are currently working on it", I know that, but it can't be right, 112k to 42k to 32k to 35k to 34.2k this massive ranking changes are showing that they are also doing "massive" changes on the PP system, and those changes make no sense.

Little bit easier to understand: They rank me back to 112k(telling me with the new system I belong there), nearly instantly get back to my old rank 42k.

Then play a few days geting rank 32k(change system again) = rank 35.8k. Play 1 map = Rank 34.2k = System is failing/not working.
Just because you don't understand it, and because it gives you a bad rank does not make it a bad system. Some top players and a lot of other people have said that this is the best the system has ever been, and it's true.
Venumidas

Myke B wrote:

Venumidas wrote:

PPv2 is stupid.

Just because you don't understand it, and because it gives you a bad rank does not make it a bad system. Some top players and a lot of other people have said that this is the best the system has ever been, and it's true.
U see, the problem isn't my rank, the problem are the people who think this system is great.
I don't understand it right, how could I, or you understand a system that is keept secret how it exactly" works"?

It's not working, if you don't get what I wrote then it's not my fault for you not understanding it.

I was talking about my rank going up extremly fast, because the system can't be right, if the system would work I wouldn't move 1000's of ranks back and forward or just back and get back extremly fast.

Edit: and btw. I was one of the people who really raged at the new system when it came out(Rank 42k to 112k), but all of you said(If I remeber right you too) that "I belong to this rank" not lower or higher and you all also said that it is how it is, I acceptet it, but still, System = not working how it should be.

Edit2: What I wanted to say with this is that all of you just said"It's good and right" because u got ranked higher and didn't even care about other facts.
+You all just wrote bull****, because now it's obviously showing that I'm right.
Keeby
guess that explains why i dropped 10 pp. guess it's not as dramatic as everyone else. lol :\
Soulg
U see, the problem isn't my rank, the problem are the people who think this system is great.
I don't understand it right, how could I, or you understand a system that is keept secret how it exactly" works"?

It's not working, if you don't get what I wrote then it's not my fault for you not understanding it.

I was talking about my rank going up extremly fast, because the system can't be right, if the system would work I wouldn't move 1000's of ranks back and forward or just back and get back extremly fast.
this system is actually based on your progression as a player, not just farming maps that give a lot of points.

if you are someone that does nothing but DTHD hards and have very few insane ranks, then you can go and SS a bunch of easy insanes and get points because of the fact that technically they are listed as hard for you, that's not the system being bad that's the player not really giving a shit about getting better at the game and then exploiting the system to show rapid gain. except, it's not really that bad, because they would have been ranked lower than their skill is until they started farming the easy insanes.

the system is literally an improved version of TP, while it's not perfect its still by far the best system there has been to gauge and represent something so abstract as player skill in a single player game.
Ekaru
Venumidas, all you have proved is that your rank can fluctuate a lot when you have a rank that's even shittier than mine. You were rank 112K at that point in time, based off of your scores. But you went and made some better scores. In other words, you improved your record. That's why your rank went up. It's pretty easy to raise your rank when it's *that* low.

The rest of the fluctuation is due to the system being adjusted. At your rank what you are experiencing is 100% normal.
Venumidas
I give up, it's like telling a religious guy there is no god and he tells you that you are the devil and sh** like that.

Edit: Ekaru, you are right and wrong. You are right that I improved but it was too fast, why would I get ranked back if I can get easily back to 42k? That's the point that makes 0 sense. Cause if the system would have been right and I would have really belong to this rank(everybody said I did) then it would have been impossible for me to get back that fast, that's the point I'm trieng to tell everyone.
Myke B
You're giving me cancer Venumidas. I guess you're the only one in the dark about how the system works. Tom who collaborated with Peppy on this system explained how it's suppose to work. You know that I went from 7k to 12k when it first came out right? I said fuck it - I know I'm higher and fc'd a ton of insane songs, and now I'm 5.5k You're shit is fluxuating so much because you haven't done shit as player so when you fc something that is harder than what you've been playing - your score will to jump to adjust itself. People above 4 digits will see a ton of changes in their rank as they progress. Even I gained 1.4 ranks in a day at 6.3k just by simply fcing a ton of stuff one day. There is so much you don't understand young grasshopper.

Venumidas wrote:

I give up, it's like telling a religious guy there is no god and he tells you that you are the devil and sh** like that.

Edit: Ekaru, you are right and wrong. You are right that I improved but it was too fast, why would I get ranked back if I can get easily back to 42k? That's the point that makes 0 sense. Cause if the system would have been right and I would have really belong to this rank(everybody said I did) then it would have been impossible for me to get back that fast, that's the point I'm trieng to tell everyone.
omg this guy is a le fedora tipping moron, please get the fuck out.
Venumidas

Myke B wrote:

You're giving me cancer Venumidas. I guess you're the only one in the dark about how the system works. Tom who collaborated with Peppy on this system explained how it's suppose to work. You know that I went from 7k to 12k when it first came out right? I said fuck it - I know I'm higher and fc'd a ton of insane songs, and now I'm 5.5k You're shit is fluxuating so much because you haven't done shit as player so when you fc something that is harder than what you've been playing - your score will to jump to adjust itself. People above 4 digits will see a ton of changes in their rank as they progress. Even I gained 1.4 ranks in a day at 6.3k just by simply fcing a ton of stuff one day.

You just agreed with me, thanks.
Soulg
do you have fucking downs syndrome
Venumidas

Soulg wrote:

do you have fucking downs syndrome
Yeh that's what I'm talking of, now I'm a handicaped person who deserves to burn in hell, but actually everyone is telling me that I'm right, trieng to flame me.
Soulg
you are so wrong on so many levels and you are twisting what other people are saying so that it vaguely resembles to be in agreement with what you say

if anything you're the religious person in your own analogy
Mathsma
Venumidas, you do realize at your rank 1 pp could mean hundreds of ranks? There are so many players with nearly the same pp as your that gaining and losing ranks is so easy at low ranks.
Tom94

Venumidas wrote:

You asked this multiple times in multiple threads already and once again: This happened because inactive players got removed from the system.
Myke B
How the fuck do I agree with you? A lot of my scores in pp1 were dthd hdhr hards some insanes - it correctly got placed to 12k. I know I'm much better than 12k but I didn't have the scores to prove it. So I went out and actually spent time and literally got 100s of insane fcs with various mods to get my correct rank. Can you please think?
Weed
this thread
MillhioreF
What the hell is even going on here.

pp is recalculating, please wait warmly.