forum

[Archived] FPS caps at 60 upon starting the game

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
sonzai
Restarting the game with Cutting Edge used to help, doesn't anymore.

Impossible to play the game, need help. I've seen another post with this issue a while ago but no one had an answer back then, and I can't find it again.

osu! version: Stable 20231102.5 (latest)
Death
Are you also having the same issue on Stable?
Topic Starter
sonzai
Yes, I do. I should have mentioned it more clearly, I'm sorry. It's the same on every version.
Death
I'm assuming you are using the frame counter at the bottom right corner of the window to determine your FPS, is that correct? If so, What does the "ms" value say there?

Do you have any software running that may be putting an overlay on the game or that has the ability to limit your FPS? A popular one that comes to mind is MSI Afterburner, but there are many others.
Topic Starter
sonzai
17ms usually, I'm unaware of any software that's not preinstalled with Windows that may be limiting it
Death
Make sure you don't have Vsync enabled in both osu!'s settings and your graphics card driver settings.

I'm guessing you most likely either have an Nvidia or AMD graphics card as well. If you do, might be worthwhile to try disabling G-Sync (Nvidia) or FreeSync (AMD) as well.
Dany_KING

sonzai wrote:

Restarting the game with Cutting Edge used to help, doesn't anymore.

Impossible to play the game, need help. I've seen another post with this issue a while ago but no one had an answer back then, and I can't find it again.

osu! version: Stable 20231102.5 (latest)
try disabling frame stabilization for applications in windowed mode in your computer settings. I had such a problem on Win 11. I removed the check mark and everything began to work