forum

[Archived] osu! input lag problem

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
kempine
Problem details: So around like two years ago I started having this problem where every once a while, my input lag will go up to like 12ms (it usually sits around 0,4), sometimes it happens right after I start a map, or rarely it will happen in the middle of the map. The only work around this I found was just alt-tabbing, and alt-tabbing back in osu, and the problem dissappears for a little bit, but usually comes back after a few plays. Would really appreciate any help, lately this problem started annoying me a lot lol

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: Stable 20231102.5 (latest)
YABUTO [Ellie]
Heya, I've had similar things happen when usb devices briefly disconnect and reconnect. Do you have anything plugged in that might be glitching out like an old mouse or flashdrive or smthin?? I've also had it happen when I'm playing in full screen with the size set smaller than the display size of my monitor ( for example, setting the game to full screen 1280x720 but having the monitor at 1920x1080 )

Also, do the frames drop at all, or is it just latency spikes?
Topic Starter
kempine

YABUTO [Ellie] wrote:

Heya, I've had similar things happen when usb devices briefly disconnect and reconnect. Do you have anything plugged in that might be glitching out like an old mouse or flashdrive or smthin?? I've also had it happen when I'm playing in full screen with the size set smaller than the display size of my monitor ( for example, setting the game to full screen 1280x720 but having the monitor at 1920x1080 )

Also, do the frames drop at all, or is it just latency spikes?
Hey, no, my frames stay the same as they were, just the ms goes up