forum

Tablet users, how do you not get RSI

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
- Jun -_old
I'm new and I keep straining my hand too hard. It hurts like hell after about 2 hours of playing.
Soulg
I'm new
you're not going to have the same stamina as those that have been playing for years.

you will quickly move past this as long as you 1. play frequently and 2. know when to stop and let yourself rest

I went back to my old tablet and im dragging, so i have to use my whole damn arm instead of just my wrist. shit sux
Myke B

- Jun - wrote:

I'm new and I keep straining my hand too hard. It hurts like hell after about 2 hours of playing.
There's a basic concept of - if you do something enough, it becomes easier. It applies to a LOT of things in life.
Reborn
I have this problem with my keyboard hand. How do you guys not get RSI with it. All the tapping and streaming is much more exhausting then hovering around with the pen. It's really limiting me at the moment, but i try to recover my hand fully now and hope it doesn trouble me in the future anymore ^^

With pen hand i have no problem lol...

Such problems come often with tensing the hands up too much. Maybe i have the wrong style in pressing keys und u in how u hold/move the pen...
Lahvuun
Is it even possible to get an RSI by playing with a tablet? I mean, it's called a REPETITIVE Strain Injury and tablet movements aren't that repetitive. Anyway, the pain will go away after a day or two, don't worry about it. Give your hand some rest for now: watch a movie, go for a walk, etc.
ballplay
i got more tired when i was using a small area than full area
buny

Lahvuun wrote:

Is it even possible to get an RSI by playing with a tablet? I mean, it's called a REPETITIVE Strain Injury and tablet movements aren't that repetitive. Anyway, the pain will go away after a day or two, don't worry about it. Give your hand some rest for now: watch a movie, go for a walk, etc.
how are they not repetitive?
Weed
maybe change the way you hold your pen? i used to hold it really tight when i first got it and it made my index finger numb for a week.
Lahvuun
They obviously are not, unless you're playing the same pattern over and over again. Keyboard movements are a lot more "repetitive". It is also pretty hard to get an RSI with keyboard (you basically need to play singletap and stream maps all the time, and you'll have to play like that for a year or even more), so getting it with a tablet is, pretty much, impossible.
buny

Lahvuun wrote:

They obviously are not, unless you're playing the same pattern over and over again. Keyboard movements are a lot more "repetitive". It is also pretty hard to get an RSI with keyboard (you basically need to play singletap and stream maps all the time, and you'll have to play like that for a year or even more), so getting it with a tablet is, pretty much, impossible.

easy for you not to get it

also, rsi doesn't necessarily mean repetitive pattern movement
the whole waving your pen around is so repetitive that if you keep straining your hand via fast songs and constantly, you will be more prone to rsi
RaneFire

buny wrote:

also, rsi doesn't necessarily mean repetitive pattern movement
the whole waving your pen around is so repetitive that if you keep straining your hand via fast songs and constantly, you will be more prone to rsi
And that pretty much sums it up.

My thumb and middle finger want to say hi. They miss coming very close to a case of RSI.
Rewben2
Pretty sure you need to play a shit ton to get RSI (It would vary from person to person ofc)
Myke B
Yea, that's strange - I've never even had my pen hand slightly hurt, little alone anything close to RSI O.o
buny
people are different
Topic Starter
- Jun -_old

Myke B wrote:

Yea, that's strange - I've never even had my pen hand slightly hurt, little alone anything close to RSI O.o
Yeah, that's the exact opposite of me. I don't know if it's because I'm holding my pen in a certain position or what not but after about an hour of playing high AR and / or jumpy maps my hand starts to really hurt. I've been playing on tablet for a week now
NekomimiD
I just started playing more seriously recently when I began using a tablet, and my hands always hurt quite a bit even from a little bit of play. But.. I already had an RSI, so all I can say for sure is that playing osu at least worsens an existing condition. I'm thinking about trying to adapt to playing with my wrist braces on and seeing if that helps me avoid making this problem even worse.
[ Nep ]
I use a tablet since one year, and since the first day of use even, i never had RSI ._. it is strange xD i play a lot in one day, i spend about 8hs or 10hs per day sometimes .-. but my hands never feel tired or in pain, i feel tired only in songs with a lot of fast streams like FREEDOM DiVE or Blue Zenith xD while i play the song obviously, but sometimes while i choose any song in the menu, for moments i feel a bit of pain in my pen hand, but this pain dissapear when i play the next song xD

Is just like other people said, just different people :P

PD: sorry if my english is bad .-. i'm still learning xD